Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A trip down memory lane

Default Re: A trip down memory lane

My local cinema only had 2 screens. My mum took me, my younger sister and my mate to see the Little Mermaid. Robocop 2 was playing in the other screen at the same time. Me and my mate tried to sneek in to Robocop. Instead of just quickly nipping in and grabbing a seat we looked at the screen and were like "aw yesss, Robocop". An usher busted us straight away and was going to kick us out but I managed to talk him into letting us go back into the screen that we were paid into.

The year I turned 12 was the year the 12 certificate became a thing. I think Uncle Buck was the first film in the UK to get a 12 rating. Me and a mate went to see it but we were both still 11 at the time and were a little bit worried about not getting in. No one batted an eyelid when we paid in to Uncle Buck.

I remember going to see Star Wars and it was the first time i'd ever seen a queue go down the road and round the corner. I also remember going to see Tron on my birthday when i was ill.
    I loved the old foyer's where the sweet shop was below some flowing stairs up to the auditoriums and they sold "programmes" for the film you were about to see, with awesome A4 sized stills from the movie in the windows in the foyer. Later on I had a few of the Empire Strikes Back ones, wish I still had them.
    Dolly Mixtures always remind me of the cinema as a kid for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    I remember going to see Star Wars and it was the first time i'd ever seen a queue go down the road and round the corner. I also remember going to see Tron on my birthday when i was ill.
    I loved the old foyer's where the sweet shop was below some flowing stairs up to the auditoriums and they sold "programmes" for the film you were about to see, with awesome A4 sized stills from the movie in the windows in the foyer. Later on I had a few of the Empire Strikes Back ones, wish I still had them.
    Dolly Mixtures always remind me of the cinema as a kid for some reason.

I can't remember if the cinema sweets were as ridiculously priced back then as they are now? When I went to see Trainspotting 2 it was 4 for a bag of Fruit Pastilles or Malteasers.

My aunt took me to see Return to Oz. I remember she bought me an ice lolly off the girl who would appear in a couple of times during the film. She had a wearable tray and would stand under a little light at the fire exit. Don't think they do the mid-film sweet treat sales any more.

Quote Originally Posted by trip2themoon View Post
    I can't remember if the cinema sweets were as ridiculously priced back then as they are now? When I went to see Trainspotting 2 it was 4 for a bag of Fruit Pastilles or Malteasers.

My aunt took me to see Return to Oz. I remember she bought me an ice lolly off the girl who would appear in a couple of times during the film. She had a wearable tray and would stand under a little light at the fire exit. Don't think they do the mid-film sweet treat sales any more.
    I always used to go for those little tubs of ice-cream with the wooden spoon.