X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A trip down memory lane

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    Yeah we only got sent home once in Winter when the heating broke down and it was snowing. We got evacuated to the local church once when we found a WWII bomb in the hedgerow and carried it to the headmaster's office, we didn't realise what it was, the bomb squad came out.

That must have given your headmaster a bit of a shock

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      There is an explanation sadly can't remember it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I believe it is to do with how much a percentage of your life a year is now compared to then. When I was 10, obvs, it was 10% - now it is less than 2%...
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
        I believe it is to do with how much a percentage of your life a year is now compared to then. When I was 10, obvs, it was 10% - now it is less than 2%...
        Yep , that's it !!

Comment

What was the question?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
            What was the question?
            What question?

Comment

This one.
              Originally Posted by Zincubus
              There is an explanation sadly can't remember it

Comment

Pardon
                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  Pardon
                  Burp

Comment

Who used to play cowboys n indians?....I did, we would build a fort out of cardboard boxes from the co-op and get into all the gear, usually a homemade bow and arrow which was a piece of string stretched across a length of wood and one of mams knitting needles...looked the part but completely useless. The gun would fire those paper caps that only banged every fourth shot, invariably someone ended up crying and mam would bring a halt to proceedings so we would go use the bed as a trampoline instead.

Comment

yeah, we had dress up costumes for both cowboy and indian, the indian one came with a bow and arrow IIRC with suckers on the end. We played it a bit as the old B&W Lone Ranger series was replayed on TV in the 70s and we loved it (even had the toys).

Comment

yeah, we had dress up costumes for both cowboy and indian, the indian one came with a bow and arrow IIRC with suckers on the end. We played it a bit as the old B&W Lone Ranger series was replayed on TV in the 70s and we loved it (even had the toys).
                        Recall doing same thing and playing with those same toys. Also built a fort out of old cardboard boxes and wooden fruit boxes tex.

Comment

Yes, I would play cowboys and indians. My grandparents bought me a gun, holster, hat and sheriff's badge back in the late 60s, and I had that gun knocking around well into the 80s. My dad built a small kind of stockade in our back garden for our dog, and it was ideal to pretend it was a fort in the wild west, and I would play happily for hours with friends and cousins. We would also go into the woods and pretend to track bank robbers, or split into two gangs and have battles. It was quite normal to see kids running around with toy guns pretending to be cowboys in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Comment

We had a tepee in our garden - can't recall ever playing in it...

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              We had a tepee in our garden - can't recall ever playing in it...
                              We had pee tee...tasted orrible

Comment

Oh my god !!

I loved the Lone Ranger series!
                                I caught episode just a few years ago and was so impressed with the storylines..

That recent movie was a disaster sadly ..

Comment

Working...
                                X