This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A trip down memory lane

I can imagine anyone fighting with something sharpened at one end such as a pencil...
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      gotcha. Are they a kinda nut?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        gotcha. Are they a kinda nut?
        Horse chestnut trees have such distinctive leaves like a hand ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
          Wow good work !!

That's triggered so many forgotten memories... I recall building dens but only around late October early November when we collected planks / old doors from the local area for our annual bonfire !!

Local gangs would either try and steal wood or even set fire to our bommie days before Nov 5th !!

My mate had a disused coal house at the bottom of the yard, we lit candles and stuck posters on the walls. We would simply sit and talk rubbish whilst drinking dandelion and burdock
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            My mate had a disused coal house at the bottom of the yard, we lit candles and stuck posters on the walls. We would simply sit and talk rubbish whilst drinking dandelion and burdock
            That's still my fave soft drink !!
            Trouble is there are a few nice ones around but there are also a few companies who can't make it properly

Comment

Look very much like a Brazil nut. Are they edible?

dandelion and burdock. Please enliten me.

Comment

I seem to recall people do like roasted horse chestnuts ..

Plus the gorgeous tasting .. D&B

Comment

Dandelion and burdock was a popular soft drink in the uk and to some extent it still is, my mam used to tell me it was made from weed juice

Comment

this thread keeps going off topic (please dont post your love for topic choc bars) so who used to build dens as a kid or maybe a tree house

Comment

Dandelion and burdock was a popular soft drink in the uk and to some extent it still is, my mam used to tell me it was made from weed juice
                      well dandelion is a weed. Not heard of burdock.

Comment

this thread keeps going off topic (please dont post your love for topic choc bars) so who used to build dens as a kid or maybe a tree house
                        Dad built my brother and I a tree house in the bush reserve back of our house. Me and mates spent many happy hours up there playing games and looking at nudie pics.

Comment

We lived next door to woodland and also a common with woods either side so there was no shortage of places to build Dens when I was a kid.

Built a few next door, then one in the woods a bit further away across the road, that was inside a big pit, where I also found an old Carlton Racing bike frame (with fancy lugwork) which i took home and my brother used as his bike for many many years.
                          We also built one up a tree near the edge of a common and tried to hide it with branches from other trees, except they died and the thing stood out like a sore thumb!

Dens seem to be making a comeback as we went for a walk with my brother near his house last time we were in the UK and some kids had built a wooden Teepee in the woods there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                            We lived next door to woodland and also a common with woods either side so there was no shortage of places to build Dens when I was a kid.

Built a few next door, then one in the woods a bit further away across the road, that was inside a big pit, where I also found an old Carlton Racing bike frame (with fancy lugwork) which i took home and my brother used as his bike for many many years.
                            We also built one up a tree near the edge of a common and tried to hide it with branches from other trees, except they died and the thing stood out like a sore thumb!

Dens seem to be making a comeback as we went for a walk with my brother near his house last time we were in the UK and some kids had built a wooden Teepee in the woods there.
                            I live close to some woodlands in Worsley, families used to go there in droves walking dogs, kids climbing trees and collecting conkers. I went myself a few months ago and i was the only person there. Seems the woods are now a haven for junkies and underage drinkers so people are staying away.

Comment

well dandelion is a weed. Not heard of burdock.
                              Pretty sure Burdock and Dandelion are both wild grown plants ...

Comment

Burdock is a wild plant with two species of Arctium lappa and Arctium minus.

The fruits of the burdock are small and roughly spherical and covered in small hooks that easily attach to clothing and hair. They provided the inspiration for velcro.

Comment

Working...
                                X