X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photobucket third party hosting

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    ?!?!

You said that PhotoBucket were showing our photos again ..
    I simply enquired if you ( or anyone) knew why photos were back !?

The images are back and have been since September or October but in hindsight it made me think that at least when they were absent, they would not be able to leave their watermark on them thanks to their decision at the start of this month. I don't mean to be rude in response, but I am seething about this happening, and from what I have found out on other forums others feel this way as well.

I would like to add that I am just a bit surprised that I made a post yesterday on here referring to the fact that Photobucket have defaced people's images with their logo on them, and you actually quoted the previous post where I mentioned that the Photobucket images have reappeared (which at that point didn't have the Photobucket watermark on them). As that post was made back in July and the fact that made another one only yesterday, I was very surprised that you quoted the July one - something which you could have done three months ago of course. I find it a bit ironic that I made the more recent one, and only then you quoted the one from July as a result.

The defacing of our images by Photobucket is something that I feel strongly about, and this sort of thing is a bit like having a photograph of a loved one and someone scribbling all over it. If I wanted to display precious images of a special event (a wedding, birthday party, Christmas etc) on a website or social media for people to see, the last thing I want to happen to them is some intrusive mark over the image.

We can pay to have it removed and line their pockets (although why should we have to?), but on that website it only displays the American price of four dollars a month or something because it is an American website - that would be around £7 or something? A free lunch indeed. I do use my webspace provider's space for storing images although I do have dozens of them on Photobucket and if I transferred them to my webspace provider, it would mean that the watermark would remain on there and cannot be removed.

I feel very strongly about this.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Also, it's a bit like someone having someone else's photograph in their possession, and saying to them "pay me to get back or I will damage it". No doubt that if I said that to someone, the chances are I would be arrested and be accused of theft and attempted criminal damage. Why doesn't it work the same way when it comes to websites and things like images? Is it because it is regarded as being in the public domain once it is online, even though the ownership still lies with the person who officially owns it?

When it comes to so-called online companies, there seems to be very little most people can do.
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Small print.. no one reads it when signing up for these things, but its usually all there "I agree to hand over rights, etc"

Comment

Please see my next post.
          Last edited by George 1978; 11-11-2018, 06:30.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

As a last resort, I paid Photobucket whatever the $4.50 is in pounds sterling, and after a long battle, the annoying watermark was removed. It took a while, but I am not going to speak too soon about it in case it comes back, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

I had to sign in, and then an intrusive message comes on the screen where I had to confirm the email. The message doesn't go away when you click on Submit, and it only does so when pressing Enter on the keyboard. As a result I ended up with around 200 emails in my inbox within a minute that say "Please confirm your Photobucket account email address" in the title box. I thought that I would warn people who want to remove that from their images if it has them on.

Please be aware about them and don't use them - please use alternative ways of hosting your pictures if you need to put them online. I just about managed to get that watermark off the pictures but can be costly in time and money to some people.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Had to pay them again because the watermark had returned.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I have boycotted Photobucket.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Not used them in years now. Anything I need to post on here, I now post direct to the page
                  i have backup of all the pics i’ve posted On here, so not fussed about the watermark.
                  Tis ugly though

Comment

Working...
                  X