Which was the best era for music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which was the best era for music?

60's had the best lyrics... but the 80's rocked.
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Awww.... ...this is sooo hard!

The 70's (mid to late 70's) was when i started getting into music and there were some good sounds around at the time but, the 80's were my teenage years and even now, certain songs instantly bring back some great memories!

It has to be the 80's for me!

Happy days.

Comment

I was born in '67, so I grew up in the 70's and remember lots of great tunes

Comment

I would have to say a mix of the 60's ( Beatlles , Beach Boys , Simon and Garfunk...) and current perios ....Loving Incubus , Plain White T's , The Strokes , Coldplay , Arctic Monkeys , The Twang , Athlete ......!!!!!

Oh and Adam Ant in the 80 's !!

Comment

It's the 70,s for me - as a whole. Although there's lots of music from the 80's and 90's that I really enjoy (but can't really take much more of rap music) - 70's Disco was my favourite - It got everybody dancing ... and those who couldn't dance at least tapped their feet!

Comment

voted!

got to be 70's, glam, disco, punk, best diversity ever!

was never too keen on 80's music even tho they were my teenage years.
              ...chilli...

Comment

would say the 60s myself,loved all the searchers,hollies, beatles stuff to name but a few but I suppose it would depend what age you were when various music was about,wouldnt do for us all to have the same tastes would it

Comment

For me, late 60's and early 70's were my era.

Comment

I was a teenager in the 80's and loved the whole New Romantic stuff but it has to be the 90's for the coolest most memorable club scene music!

Comment

Started buying records in 1978 so love Blondie, The Police, Talking Heads, Madness from the 70s but the decade of the 12" was my favourite for music (80s). I'll listen to anything now though.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

being 42 I am inclined to say the 1980's as I think technology had really come into its own with regards to electro-synth pop which didn't really feature in the 60's and was only evolving in the 1970's, also when you listen to digitally remastered tracks from the 1960's and 1970's they really sound dated whereas a lot of stuff from the 80's still sounds fresh. However I could be wrong!

Comment

Being considerably older than most of you on here - I just gotta say NOTHING will ever beat the 60's music

BUT - I also must say I loved electro-synth too
                          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Although the late 60's produced some great bands, Henrix Experience, Led Zep, etc. The 70's had the best bands ever... the Who at their peak, Roxy Music, Eno, Bowie, then things really went BANG - in bursts the Sex Pistols who lead another creative burst, with the likes of the Clash, the Damned Buzzcocks, Ramones, Devo, to name just a few. Amazing times
                            Peace will only be when we are peaceful

Comment

In truth, the 1960s was the best era for music.

But the 1970s was the best of the bunch I was given to vote for.

I just didn't 'get' 1990s music at all. By then it had degenerated into one mass of noise. Although it did spawn some good stuff such as Bjork and Robbie Williams. ('good' in my book anyway. You may not agree but that is your right).
                              The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

For me, it was from around 1977 to 1984. Absolutely untouchable from a pop perspective. The charts were staggeringly good.

Comment

Working...
                                X