Which was the best era for music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which was the best era for music?

voted........has to be the 70's.....there were some great bands then...........votes show the 80's are in the lead

Comment

Difficult .. IMO it was 1975-1985. hmmm

Comment

1970s is red, 1980s is blue very appropriate!

Comment

With out a doubt give 70s a shout

Comment

It would be a serious contest between the 60's and 70's. In the Sixties we had Soul, Tamla, British Invasion bands, Beatles, Stones et al, and in the Seventies, Glam rock, Disco and Punk. Too hard to call.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              For me, it is the 80s. I just so love the 80s music, though I like the 60s, 70s and 90s too (but i'm not as keen on the 70s) it was like a kind of blip existed from 1969 until 1980, almost a different wave of music. Though i really really just love my 80s music - Belinda Carlisle, Bannarama, The Bangles, Lisa Stansfield, to name but a few female group's/solo artists .... who said too that the Spice Girls created Girl Power ... just look at them groups/artists alone. Though I guess I liked so many and many others from the 1980s too - of course Wet Wet Wet and The Pet Shop Boys and lesser known lights like The Communards too!!

Please though - I hope no one mentions Rick Astley and his awful Never Never Going To Give You Up, that is cruelty to animals that song is as is all his music with his dreadful howling voice. He makes Ray Quinn look decent as a singer sadly Lol.

i thought that rick astley song never gonna give you up was verygood.
              sadly he never stated around very long.
              something like he could not handle the fame.
              he one of the best ever voices.

seventies and eighties had fantastic music.
              i thought the music in the nineties dropped in quality significantly from the 2 previous decades.
              indeed bands like bananarama,the bangles belinda carlisle had some wonderful songs.
              noneof these reality shows needed to launch them.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I quite liked that song as well,Dazza
                The vid was good too.

Comment

should be able to vote 70's and 80's some magical stuff.................

Comment

I would of voted 60 and 70s.....but definitely the 70s for introducing us to new music, Glam Rock, Soft Rock, Funk, Philly, Reggae, R&B, Soul, Northern Soul, Ska, Punk, New Wave...and of course Disco! Euro Disco, (Im sure theres more.) which still survives today although in a slightly different form.
                    Obviously not all music was good in this era but there's many I like from it.

I think most 70s people owe them there loyalty.

Comment

I'm choosing 70s.

Punk, reggae, prog-rock, funk, library music, soundtracks, metal, early hip hop, the list goes on..............

I only physically experienced a few years of the 70s, but it seems to be the decade from which the majority of my favourite music comes from.

Back then the music was true to it's original form, it was yet to be diluted by record labels.
                      Punk was real punk, not the horrible watered down so called punk bands of 2013, same with reggae, it was truely at it's finest in the 70s.
                      In my opinion almost all music was at it's best in the 70s.

Comment

for me eighties is best but im discovering some great seventies stuff. its fair to say ive heard a lot more eighties music than seventies and of what ive heard ive liked more that's why I prefer it.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Me it has to be the 70s all the way

Comment

I voted 70's, but I reckon the decade 67 to 77 was probably the best. Psychedelia, Stones and Beatles in their heyday, the birth of prog rock and heavy metal etc.

Comment

The nineteenth century perhaps? (lol)
                              "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Has to be when Mozart / Schubert / Dvorak / Brahms were around tbh

Comment

Working...
                                X