Party Eight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Eight

In the seventies you could buy mini beer kegs for parties. Ideal for us drunken blokes. Nowadays Hobgoblin beer from Wychwood Brewery in Witney near Oxford UK sell their beer in a five litre tin keg for the bargain price of £15
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Party Eight

When I was a kid in the 70s, nearly all the parties I went to with my parents would have Party 8 kegs. Weren't they made by Watney's? You could also buy the special taps for them so the beer didn't have to be poured into glasses.

Also, there was Davenport's, who would bring the beer straight to your door--Beer at home means Davenport's was the slogan.

Comment

One beer I remember was Double Diamond though I forget from which brewery
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Think it was Carlsberg and the slogan was Double Diamond Works Wonders.

Comment

Here's the Davenport's song that was played on TV ads

Beer at home means Davenport's,
          That's the beer,
          Lots of cheer,
          The finest malt with hops and yeast,
          Turns a snack into a feast,
          Straight from brewery to your home,
          Why collect? We'll deliver,
          Soon you'll know why folks all say,
          Beer at home means Davenport's.

Maybe Davenport's was only delivered in the Midlands. I'm not sure.

Comment

Weren't they called Party Seven?

Comment

They were Party Seven & Party Eight due to the pints of beer they had in them. Seven pints & eight pints respectively
              sigpic

Comment

IIRC there were Party Fours as well.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember that too Richard - ideal for the smaller party with a few friends or neighbours
                  sigpic

Comment

Also there is now Fullers London Pride

Is it just me, or does anyone think it tastes like Double Diamond?
                    sigpic

Comment

I remember the plastic Double Diamond pumps seemed to be in almost every pub until the mid-late 1980s.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There used to be a little metal tool for the party range of cans. It used to make a little triangular opening, the technique was to make two opposite each other at the top as I remember.
                        If you'd lost your tool then it was a case of raiding the tool box. The average tin opener would not suffice. Those party cans were pretty tough, almost made Fray Bentos tins seem like tissue paper by comparison!

Comment

Mum and dad couldn’t go out when me and my sis were little and couldn’t get a babysitter , so an evening in front of the box watching the dr who, generation game and some mothers do ave em was the order of the day.
                          mum polished off a bottle of wine and dad had one of those keg things. Shame you can’t get them today

Comment

Working...
                          X