Isla St.Clair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isla St.Clair

Isla St.Clair co-hosted The Generation Game with Larry Grayson ("Shut that door" lol)

Does anyone know what happened to Isla? Did she host any other shows?
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Isla St.Clair

She actually presented other shows during and after her time on The Generation Game such as Songs Of Praise.

Comment

Now you mention it I remember Isla presented Songs of Praise
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

She also appeared on various shows singing. She was very good in Generation Game. I remember when Bruce Forsyth left and Larry/Isla took over there were fears that its popularity would fade, but they did a really fine job and complemented each other perfectly.

Comment

I remember her as the presenter of a show on children's TV where she would sing folk songs from around Britain and explain the story behind them.

Comment

IMDB

Attached Files
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
              I remember her as the presenter of a show on children's TV where she would sing folk songs from around Britain and explain the story behind them.

Now that has jogged my memory. It was an interesting show, quite out of the ordinary, and Isla had the voice for it.

Comment

Searching BBC Genome I found it. It was calledThe Song and the Story. Looks like there was a series of 4 episodes in 1981, and another series in 1983.

link

Comment

Isla also presented a series called The Farm On The Hill, where she spent time with a family from Wales. I also recall The Song And The Story, various appearances on Songs Of Praise. She appeared on many panel shows during her time on The generation Game. In the 90s, she appeared on Call My Bluff and seemed to concentrate more on radio. She is now very involved in her original traditional Scottish Folk music and has recorded and produced some brilliant albums. Does quite a lot of Folk concerts and appears at Folk festivals. A voice from heaven. One of the best I've heard. When she sang on one of the Christmas Generation Game specials, I cried, it was so beautiful. I see this thread is quite a few years old but please feel free to replyI'm a huge Isla fan
                  sigpic
                  Times Square

Comment

Working...
                  X