Film/TV Extra's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film/TV Extra's

Who's been a film/TV extra such as in the background of a Coronation Street & Emmerdale set?

When I was serving time in Barlinnie prison The Chief starring Tim Pigott Smith was filmed on D Wing. Obviously D Wing was closed for the duration.

Tiger Aspect asked for prisoners to take part in a prison riot scene. We prisoners jumped at the chance as a prisoner likes nothing more than rioting.

We were paid £50 for are time (sic)

Normally the daily rate as an extra is £60 but we were happy with £50 to spend in the canteen (shop) & from the Argos catalogue for CD & DVD players & hair clippers etc
    Last edited by Twocky61; 26-08-2017, 08:37. Reason: Additional Input
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Film/TV Extra's

My brother lives in a road which has been used for exterior shots quite a bit on't telly.

I used to work about 5 minutes from North Gower Street - used for exterior shots for the Sherlock TV series
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Laycock village in Dorset UK they film the period drama Downton Abbey
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Back in 1991 selected pupils of my school (I was one of them) were invited to be extras in part of a school playground scene for a Screen Two drama. No, We didn't get paid, and as far as I was concerned, we were just there when it happened.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I've not actually been an extra but I used to pick up tapes to go back to B.B.C. Llandaff when I was a despatch rider based in Cardiff. One particular day, I had to meet the news team at the Welsh Assembly building. The report was not quite ready, so I was told to hang around. I got talking to a passerby. I would always do my best to keep away from any film camera. Unknown to myself and the other passerby, they ended up filming in the direction where we were standing. On the news report that night, I could clearly see myself and that man talking......unfortunately, we were standing below a wall that had flower pots on it. It looked like two heads sticking out of flower pots.
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Working...
          X