Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serction 28

Default Serction 28

Section 28 was a law making homosexuality a criminal offence

After Section 28 homosexuality was decriminalised
    Last edited by Twocky61; 26-08-2017 at 08:40. Reason: Spelling Correction

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Serction 28

I thought section 28 outlawed promotion of homosexuality, rather than homosexuality itself or homosexual acts--those were decriminalised in 1967, but I might be a bit muddled about section 28.

Just had a quick look and it forbade local authorities from promoting homosexuality. It was enacted in 1988 and also affected maintained schools.

Basically, it was a law that prevented teachers from telling schoolchildren that it's okay to be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    I thought section 28 outlawed promotion of homosexuality, rather than homosexuality itself or homosexual acts--those were decriminalised in 1967, but I might be a bit muddled about section 28.
    You could be right Staffslad that it is promotion not the practice thereof

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I am glad that we have moved forward since 1967 and that same sex couples are accepted a lot more legally now, and now they can marry each other is even better. I am all for equality so that everyone is equal.

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I am glad that we have moved forward since 1967 and that same sex couples are accepted a lot more legally now, and now they can marry each other is even better. I am all for equality so that everyone is equal.
    Same here.

Did anyone see the recent programme about AIDS & it's effect on the gay community in the 1980s.
    The Trickster On The Roof

G-A-Y = Good As You!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bear View Post
    G-A-Y = Good As You!
    Sounds like a 1960s Guinness slogan.

Sounds like a 1960s Guinness slogan.
    It’s a 1970s slogan I think. It means what it says- a man is a man whatever his orientation. I like it, but I can’t be doing with LGBT: I find it degrading personally and I don’t like the way it lumps together groups of people who have nothing in common. Most people don’t even know what it stands for: Let’s Go Bananas Together? Lettuce, Garlic, Bacon & Tomato?
    Pleeeeaaase!