X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abenhall (now Dean Magna) Secondary School

What was it like at your school?
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Abenhall (now Dean Magna) Secondary School

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
    What was it like at your school?
    I have not heard of Twocky - but if you can give some descriptions/and the like etc that would maybe help me answer your question!

80sChav

Comment

Well Chav things like what were the teachers like? Strict? Boring? Good teachers or bad and should find another vocation? Involve their pupils in extracurricular activities such a sports etc evenings? Were there teachers you could relate to & they relate to you? What they did on your last day at school?

At Abenhall/DM on our last day we took in a cine camera (pre the advent of video camera's) and filmed us all including our teachers. Mr Ferguson our headmaster agreed to stand in our homemade stocks so we could throw wet sponges at him lol Miss Coombes came in on our last day wearing a low cut blouse not leaving much to the imagination. Obviously not topless but got us lads excited all the same. I reckon Miss Coombes was fully aware we lads had a crush on her but she never showed that she knew.

One particular teacher I will always remember is the one I have mentioned elsewhere on DYR so enough said.

Then there was Mr Parrish who actually invited to his cottage in the Forest of Dean one Sunday. Perfectly innocent but nowadays in this sad world he would have all sorts of allegations thrown at him
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        Well Chav things like what were the teachers like? Strict? Boring? Good teachers or bad and should find another vocation? Involve their pupils in extracurricular activities such a sports etc evenings? Were there teachers you could relate to & they relate to you? What they did on your last day at school?
        You have hit the nail right on the Head here Twocky with this paragraph - all of it is all so true!!

Par the last part re; the last day - they said nothing (well we had left by then -but who cares/cared lol)!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
        X