Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was the First Film in a Cinema You Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was the First Film in a Cinema You Watched?

For me it was Towering Inferno early seventies at Gloucester Odeon
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: What Was the First Film in a Cinema You Watched?

The first I can actually remember and be certain of the date was the Beatles film Help! in 1965 and I burst out crying during the scene where Ringo is kidnapped and put in the boot of a car...I was only 3 at the time lol

Comment

Aww Staffslad lol
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

My mum dressed me up in a Beatles suit and I had a mop-top, which was all the rage at the time. Funny how that one scene has stayed with me for 50+ years, yet most of the film is a bit vague apart from the lads messing about in snow.

Comment

1974. The man with the golden gun.
          I think it was an AA rating but my uncle was still able to get me into the theatre to watch the film. I was 8 years.

Comment

I think it was The Wizard Of Oz, in a kids'(!) matinee. The Wicked Witch scared the beejaysus out of me!!!
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

This double bill at my local Odeon:
              http://www.pastposters.com/details.p...ary=&keywords=

Comment

I remember it was on my birthday in either 1984 or 1985 and it was the Odeon or ABC. I was six or seven and I saw either the Care Bears or in December, it was Santa Claus the Movie - I remember that the "adult" 15 certificate choices then were Target and Hannah and Her Sisters if that dates it. Probably 1985. A good few years before I would have been able to watch those!

I saw the Santa Claus movie on ITV a couple of years ago, and I even hear in my mind the cinema audience laughing as Joe was burping.
                Last edited by George 1978; 29-10-2017, 02:09.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Same here.
                  Reply to the person who said The Wizard of oz.

Comment

Jurassic Park.

Comment

i saw a couple of films when i was too young to remember, i'm sure these comprised of Snow White and The Sword in the Stone.

the first film i remember seeing though was Return to Oz in 1985. so scary as a kid, especially the Wheelers and headless Mombi.

Comment

I saw Return to Oz at the cinema as well, though I was in my twenties. I took two young relatives and was surprised just how scary it was for kids. Yep, those Wheelers were creepy. Hope this isn't blasphemy but I prefer it to the Wizard of Oz.

Comment

so do i, far more interesting

Comment

The Vanishing in 1993. It was a 15 and I was 14 but my brother, aged 21 and his mate, 22, took me to see it. I enjoyed it. BTW it was the Hollywood version starring Kiefer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges.

Comment

Possibly some cartoon like the Care Bears circa 1984 - five or six at the time.
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X