Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday School

Who went to Sunday School?

The one I chose because of an upcoming outing to Belle Vue amusement park in Manchester. I was living in a village called Hesketh Bank at the time between Preston & Southport

Also I attended the Tuesday night Sunshine Corner bible study
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Sunday School

Yeah me and my siblings did. I still have the kids bible with the little paper pictures in that they gave you for remembering psalms and stuff I got there.

I didn't really enjoy it, church was smelly and we had to dress up, usually in an itchy jumper, but we did get to go to the newsagents after to get treats, I remember getting Kojak bubble gum with picture cards in.

Comment

I went until i was 16.
      Me and all my brothers went.
      was one hour every sunday between 4 and 5 i think.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

We also were given little books (similar to raffle tickets) with pictures of babies where we would give one picture of a baby to each house we went to for a donation to be sent to Africa for all the black babies
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I went to a Sunday school held in a nearby Methodist church for a few years. I can remember we were given a book and each week we got a sticker showing a Biblical scene to stick in it.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
            Each week we got a sticker showing a Biblical scene to stick in it.
            Whoopie dead exciting is that lol
            sigpic

Comment

There was no room in our local one so I couldn't go...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                Whoopie dead exciting is that lol
                I suppose it was an attempt to get kids to come back the next week. I'm trying to remember if the school was during the sunday morning service or after it, but it's too hazy for me to be sure. It was actually a chapel rather than a church. It was our local polling station on election days for quite a few years.

Comment

Ours was a chapel too; Methodist
                  sigpic

Comment

Mine was also Methodist. It closed many years ago and I think it is a private house now. The Methodist church closest to us doesn't have a weekly Sunday school now; instead, they have a meeting for kids each month on a Sunday afternoon for about 2 hours where they make things and there are stories and so on.

Comment

For the kids nowadays a lot of churches have a 'Messy Church' where kids can throw paint and stuff at each other. The room is covered in mats and sheeting so the kids aren't able to make a total mess

Total bliss I am told lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Our local Methodist church holds a Messy church once per month for kids. I don't think they go as far as throwing things around but make things and do paintings plus are told Bible stories.

Comment

THIS IS THE ONE I WENT TO FOR SUNDAY SCHOOL
                          THOMAS ST CHURCH.

ITS STILL USED AS MUCH
                          AS EVER IT WAS.
                          I WENT UNTIL I WAS 16.

THE TEACHERS WERE PRETTY STRICT FROM WHAT I REMEMBER

ONE HOUR OR 2 EACH SUNDAY AFTERNOON HAD TO BE WELL DRESSED WITH NICE SHINY BLACK SHOES OUCH.!!

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                          Mine was also Methodist. It closed many years ago and I think it is a private house now. The Methodist church closest to us doesn't have a weekly Sunday school now; instead, they have a meeting for kids each month on a Sunday afternoon for about 2 hours where they make things and there are stories and so on.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

It's nice to see some kids nowadays attend Sunday school what with computer games & suchlike
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              THIS IS THE ONE I WENT TO FOR SUNDAY SCHOOL
                              THOMAS ST CHURCH.

ITS STILL USED AS MUCH
                              AS EVER IT WAS.
                              I WENT UNTIL I WAS 16.

THE TEACHERS WERE PRETTY STRICT FROM WHAT I REMEMBER

ONE HOUR OR 2 EACH SUNDAY AFTERNOON HAD TO BE WELL DRESSED WITH NICE SHINY BLACK SHOES OUCH.!!
                              Maybe Sunday Schools are more prevalent in Ireland & Wales as opposed to England. Scotland too
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X