Thread: Sunday School

Default Sunday School

Who went to Sunday School?

The one I chose because of an upcoming outing to Belle Vue amusement park in Manchester. I was living in a village called Hesketh Bank at the time between Preston & Southport

Also I attended the Tuesday night Sunshine Corner bible study

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Sunday School

Yeah me and my siblings did. I still have the kids bible with the little paper pictures in that they gave you for remembering psalms and stuff I got there.

I didn't really enjoy it, church was smelly and we had to dress up, usually in an itchy jumper, but we did get to go to the newsagents after to get treats, I remember getting Kojak bubble gum with picture cards in.

I went until i was 16.
    Me and all my brothers went.
    was one hour every sunday between 4 and 5 i think.
    THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HO

We also were given little books (similar to raffle tickets) with pictures of babies where we would give one picture of a baby to each house we went to for a donation to be sent to Africa for all the black babies

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

I went to a Sunday school held in a nearby Methodist church for a few years. I can remember we were given a book and each week we got a sticker showing a Biblical scene to stick in it.

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    Each week we got a sticker showing a Biblical scene to stick in it.
    Whoopie dead exciting is that lol

There was no room in our local one so I couldn't go...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Whoopie dead exciting is that lol
    I suppose it was an attempt to get kids to come back the next week. I'm trying to remember if the school was during the sunday morning service or after it, but it's too hazy for me to be sure. It was actually a chapel rather than a church. It was our local polling station on election days for quite a few years.

Ours was a chapel too; Methodist

Mine was also Methodist. It closed many years ago and I think it is a private house now. The Methodist church closest to us doesn't have a weekly Sunday school now; instead, they have a meeting for kids each month on a Sunday afternoon for about 2 hours where they make things and there are stories and so on.