Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picadilly Radio

Picadilly Radio is a Manchester uk based commercial radio station

The more memorable events were when that annoying phleb Timmy Mallet hosted a quiz where you asked him a question & if he answered correctly you had to go tho the studios & give him a present.

The prizes he won included a Hari Krishma record which he constantly played lol & a parakeet to which he said "What am I going to do with a parakeet?" Some bright spark suggested he has it for dinner lol

There was also a presenter Susie Mathis who was hosting a phone-in show about the rights & wrongs of an abortion. Some troll phoned in & told her she is against abortion because she lost her own baby so naturally she would be against abortion
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Picadilly Radio

remember when the fun bus used to be out and about ?

Attached Files

Comment

When I was young the Picadilly Radio 261 stickers were all over the place.

Eventually it split in the late 1980s so Key 103 became a pop station, & Picadilly Gold (Now Key 2) an oldies station.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was radio picadilly not picadilly radio, i remember they would get quite arsey about that. i enjoyed the Phil wood show inparticular, also Mike sweeney who did a phone in nostalgia quiz, i rang in and got through straight away.the question was about Thunderbirds but i forget the whole question, anyway i won a pair of tickets to see return of the jedi and the empire strikes back at the odeon Manchester. Sweeney can now be heard on radio Manchester but not sure what happened to Phil wood.
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
        X