Cigarette Vending Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigarette Vending Machines

Cigarette vending machines used to be outside shops allowing cigarettes to be sold 24/7. They were usually chained to a metal hook in the wall. The packs used to be 16 cigarette vending packs

Nowadays the machines are inside pubs. Prices are now over £10 a pack due to heavy VAT

The government reckon they will ban tobacco but that is a lie as if they did ban them they would lose the tax revenue on them

Of course if tobacco was invented these days it would be immediately banned

People complain about the cost to the NHS to treat smokers for lung cancer etc but that's what the tax on cigarettes is for
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Cigarette Vending Machines

I thought cigarette machines had been banned from pubs for a few years now.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Some pubs still have cigarette vending machines
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I also thought they were banned.

I well remember the corner shop having a cigarette machine outside. IIRC most cigarettes sold were Embassy blue and red (?) packets. The machine got broken into one night, with all the packets and money stolen. That was forty years ago. The machine was immediately removed, so to was the chocolate and chewing gum machines. The people who broke into this machine are probably still alive, somebody's grandparent. I hope they have their lives upset by somebody doing something similar to them. Hopefully their offspring will realise how bad their wonderful grandparent really was. The character of the exterior of the shop was ruined.
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Maybe they have died from cancer Marc or been run over by a bus
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
            I also thought they were banned.

I well remember the corner shop having a cigarette machine outside. IIRC most cigarettes sold were Embassy blue and red (?) packets. The machine got broken into one night, with all the packets and money stolen. That was forty years ago. The machine was immediately removed, so to was the chocolate and chewing gum machines. The people who broke into this machine are probably still alive, somebody's grandparent. I hope they have their lives upset by somebody doing something similar to them. Hopefully their offspring will realise how bad their wonderful grandparent really was. The character of the exterior of the shop was ruined.
            IIRC most cigarettes sold were Embassy blue and red - thought they sold these more in pub vending machines rather than those outside corner shops. I assume you mean Embassy Regal (dark blue stripe) and Embassy regular (red stripe). The brands I recall most were Sovereign, Number 10 players and Cadets. I swear they were 9½p for 10 in 1973. Very handy when you were just a newspaper boy, earning a pittance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
              IIRC most cigarettes sold were Embassy blue and red - thought they sold these more in pub vending machines rather than those outside corner shops. I assume you mean Embassy Regal (dark blue stripe) and Embassy regular (red stripe). The brands I recall most were Sovereign, Number 10 players and Cadets.
              Your probably right. I never took up smoking.
              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Some cigarette vending machines sell Amber Leaf tobacco which comes in a cigarette pack complete with rolling papers
                sigpic

Comment

I remember my Uncle saying that when he was young so many people used to smoke in he house his parents managed to have a cigarette machine fitted!

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but he is from a large family.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Similar to Coke machines cigarette machines are supplied free as long as the consumables are bought from them
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X