Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaside Rock

Default Seaside Rock

Blackpool & Brighton are two seaside towns which are famous for seaside rock with the name of the town threaded through the candy stick

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Seaside Rock

Bringing back sticks of rock as presents was what you did when you were growing up. There was often a small B/W photo on the stick showing a view of the town or a donkey. George Formby sang about his little stick of Blackpool rock--oo-er missus, while Brighton rock got its own film.

lol

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the-twilight-zoners-brighton-rock-1980-s.jpg  
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Used to buy some from Great Yarmouth as a kid on holiday, I still buy it now in Southend to take back to Australia when I visit.

We used to also buy Edinburgh Rock, which was a chalky version.

I was in Brighton a few weeks ago. They still have Brighton rock in the stores at the pier.
    I use to love eating rock. Alas, my teeth would not be able to cope with such confectionery any longer.

I recall taking Rock in from Holiday at Primary School - as did most kids and we would placeit on the Teachers desk going in and the Teacher would say" Joe/John has brrought in a Stick of Rock to share" and we'd all get a piece at Morning Play-time!!

Sadly this is something else I bet now that the P.C/Red Tape do-gooders are trying to stop |(or may even have dune) as far I am aware either!

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    I recall taking Rock in from Holiday at Primary School - as did most kids and we would placeit on the Teachers desk going in and the Teacher would say" Joe/John has brrought in a Stick of Rock to share" and we'd all get a piece at Morning Play-time!!

Sadly this is something else I bet now that the P.C/Red Tape do-gooders are trying to stop |(or may even have dune) as far I am aware either!

80sChav
    I remember my primary school banned people bringing in food to share on their birthday, because of parents complaining, so it's nothing new!
    The Trickster On The Roof

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails the-honeybus-she-sold-blackpool-rock-1969-s.jpg  
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by zabadak View Post
    I dunno if the OP meant it this way zabadak, but I can not/could not help raising a wry smile here lol

80sChav