Clear All

Re: Seaside Rock

I reckon it with be rock hard
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

lol
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Good for sharpening those teef!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Just found a stick of Brighton rock in a cupboard from the 70's

I wonder if it is still edible lol
          Send it to Caroline Lucas MP. I wonder what her reaction will be.

When that stick of rock was bought, Brighton was a rock solid (pun intended) safe Conservative constituency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright..._constituency)

It's outlasted Julian Amery by over 20 years now.

Comment

Never heard of Caroline Lucas; she must be one of those obscure MP's lol
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Never heard of Caroline Lucas; she must be one of those obscure MP's lol
              Have you been in the cupboard since the 1970s and only just jumped out with the stick of rock?

Caroline Lucas is Britain's one and only MP from the Green Party. She has represented Brighton Pavilion since 2010.

https://www.carolinelucas.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                Have you been in the cupboard since the 1970s and only just jumped out with the stick of rock?

Caroline Lucas is Britain's one and only MP from the Green Party. She has represented Brighton Pavilion since 2010.

https://www.carolinelucas.com/
                Back in the 1970s they were the Ecology Party and I think they campaigned in horse drawn carriages in the 1979 election, at least in some places they stood.

Comment

Oh lol - never really followed the Green's
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh lol - never really followed the Green's
                    No, I just eat my greens.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
                      I think they campaigned in horse drawn carriages in the 1979 election, at least in some places they stood.
                      She'd be an ideal recruit for the American Amish community lol
                      sigpic

Comment

She'd be an ideal recruit for the American Amish community lol
                        The horse and buggy thing was decades before Caroline Lucas, who would I suspect prefer something much grander. However the Amish are quite 'green' or ecological in their lifestyle except perhaps that they grow tobacco. They don't vote or pay taxes and don't receive any benefits either. They still speak a form of German. I went to look at Lancaster County where a lot of them live when I was visiting Philadelphia in the 80s - I suspect it's much the same.

Comment

A bit like gypsies then
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if Caroline Lucas eats sweets but it wouldn't surprise me if seaside rock from the 1970s contains more nasty E numbers than modern seaside rock. The peppermint flavouring could be 100% synthetic and not contain any part of a mint plant. Isoamyl acetate was once a very popular synthetic banana flavouring for food products.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoamyl_acetate

Comment

A bit like gypsies then
                              Maybe a bit like traditional Romany gypsies who are self-sufficient, except that the Amish live in settled farms and have extreme religious beliefs (but are also pacifists).

Comment

I'm not sure if Caroline Lucas eats sweets
                                I can’t imagine it. She’d be counting the calories and E numbers. She might eat Fair Trade dark Chocolate I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X