Time Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Machine

HG Well's book The Time Machine was made into a film in 1960 starring Rod Taylor as the inventor of the time machine

He goes forward in time from December 1899 over many centuries arriving at a time after the nuclear war
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Time Machine

Read the book last year. Fantastic.

Comment

I think the 1960 George Pal version is the best screen adaptation in terms of sheer entertainment. The BBC broadcast a live teleplay of The Time Machine in 1949, which is supposed to have been faithful to the book, but it wasn't recorded and is therefore lost to us.

I am rather fond of 'Time after Time' from 1979, in which H.G. Wells invents a time machine and uses it to pursue Jack the Ripper when the murderer escapes to the modern day.

Comment

Superb film, Rod Taylor was an ace actor!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          Superb film, Rod Taylor was an ace actor!
          Yep that was a goodie. Let's not talk about the 2002 version with Guy Pearce...

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post

I am rather fond of 'Time after Time' from 1979, in which H.G. Wells invents a time machine and uses it to pursue Jack the Ripper when the murderer escapes to the modern day.
            Great film with Malcolm McDowel

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
              Yep that was a goodie. Let's not talk about the 2002 version with Guy Pearce...
              yes lets not. I even tried it a second time and it really is cobblers.

The Rod Taylor film is up there with my favourite films of all time. I read the book and the film added a lot of scenes that weren't present in the book.

Comment

Working...
              X