Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    The front at Rhyl was crammed full of arcades in the 80s and 90s. I haven't been there for a long time so I don't know if it has changed now.

    I know modern consoles have vastly superior sound, graphics and sophistication in gameplay over the old 80s and 90s arcade machines, but I still look back with great fondness to those old arcades and the thrill of pushing your coin into the slot for a go on your favourite machine, and playing a modern console just doesn't come close to that for me.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    9,701

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    Games i can remember playing on big arcade machines are.
    Mario 3.
    Vie
    wpoint
    m
    idnight resistance
    side arms


    but as t
    ime went on i noticed less and less arcade games and more gambling machines.
    THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HO

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,400

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    The front at Rhyl was crammed full of arcades in the 80s and 90s. I haven't been there for a long time so I don't know if it has changed now.

    I know modern consoles have vastly superior sound, graphics and sophistication in gameplay over the old 80s and 90s arcade machines, but I still look back with great fondness to those old arcades and the thrill of pushing your coin into the slot for a go on your favourite machine, and playing a modern console just doesn't come close to that for me.
    I have heard it has gone down hill Rhyl Staffslad yer, though I always preffered it over Llandudno

    Everyone Arcade had loads of Machines at one time I recall like Pinball Wizzard etc and things similar (games-wise) to like Raiders Of The Lost Ark etc), Spiderman etc I recall

    80sChav

  4. #14

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    If you live anywhere near Manchester, then you really should give this place a try for Europe's best retro arcade fix:

    https://www.facebook.com/arcadeclubuk/

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    In the 80s when I was arcade-mad, Rhyl was heaven. Llandudno couldn't compare due to its relative lack of arcades. For me, there was nothing to beat walking along the Rhyl front and trying out the dozens of arcades.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,359

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by MancFrank View Post
    If you live anywhere near Manchester, then you really should give this place a try for Europe's best retro arcade fix:

    https://www.facebook.com/arcadeclubuk/
    Some of my friends have been there, it sounds good but I've not found the time to go yet.
    The Trickster On The Roof

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    Play.expo is good, especially if you're a pinball nut like myself. I've been 5yrs running, but am going to give it a miss this year.
    Another option is Arcade club in Bury, which is open pretty much most of the time. 10 to get in and all machines on free play.
    https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk

    I was a bit of a 'cade rat growing up.
    We used to ride the train to Blackpool most weekends, play till we nearly ran out of money, then we used to have an exploit with the naughts and crosses one armed bandits which we used to replenish our funds.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    4,359

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Barbour View Post
    Play.expo is good, especially if you're a pinball nut like myself. I've been 5yrs running, but am going to give it a miss this year.
    Another option is Arcade club in Bury, which is open pretty much most of the time. 10 to get in and all machines on free play.
    https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk

    I was a bit of a 'cade rat growing up.
    We used to ride the train to Blackpool most weekends, play till we nearly ran out of money, then we used to have an exploit with the naughts and crosses one armed bandits which we used to replenish our funds.
    I'll be there on Saturday, it will be my 3rd year.
    The Trickster On The Roof

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I'll be there on Saturday, it will be my 3rd year.
    Have a good one. Post up how you went on.

Similar Threads

  1. Name of this arcade Game ??
    By culnara in forum Computer games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2016, 10:59
  2. Help remembering these two arcade game from 80's
    By duffer in forum Computer games
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-02-2016, 03:51
  3. Amusement arcade machine
    By jason h in forum Holidays
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 14-08-2014, 21:56
  4. Arcade game question
    By Jingbang in forum Computer games
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-05-2011, 20:51
  5. Looking for an arcade game...
    By Soul in forum Computer games
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23-09-2010, 18:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •