Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

Default Re: Amusement Arcade Computer Game Machines

The front at Rhyl was crammed full of arcades in the 80s and 90s. I haven't been there for a long time so I don't know if it has changed now.

I know modern consoles have vastly superior sound, graphics and sophistication in gameplay over the old 80s and 90s arcade machines, but I still look back with great fondness to those old arcades and the thrill of pushing your coin into the slot for a go on your favourite machine, and playing a modern console just doesn't come close to that for me.

Games i can remember playing on big arcade machines are.
    Mario 3.
    Vie
    wpoint
    m
    idnight resistance
    side arms

but as t
    ime went on i noticed less and less arcade games and more gambling machines.
    THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HO

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    The front at Rhyl was crammed full of arcades in the 80s and 90s. I haven't been there for a long time so I don't know if it has changed now.

I know modern consoles have vastly superior sound, graphics and sophistication in gameplay over the old 80s and 90s arcade machines, but I still look back with great fondness to those old arcades and the thrill of pushing your coin into the slot for a go on your favourite machine, and playing a modern console just doesn't come close to that for me.
    I have heard it has gone down hill Rhyl Staffslad yer, though I always preffered it over Llandudno

Everyone Arcade had loads of Machines at one time I recall like Pinball Wizzard etc and things similar (games-wise) to like Raiders Of The Lost Ark etc), Spiderman etc I recall

80sChav

If you live anywhere near Manchester, then you really should give this place a try for Europe's best retro arcade fix:

https://www.facebook.com/arcadeclubuk/

In the 80s when I was arcade-mad, Rhyl was heaven. Llandudno couldn't compare due to its relative lack of arcades. For me, there was nothing to beat walking along the Rhyl front and trying out the dozens of arcades.

Quote Originally Posted by MancFrank View Post
    If you live anywhere near Manchester, then you really should give this place a try for Europe's best retro arcade fix:

https://www.facebook.com/arcadeclubuk/
    Some of my friends have been there, it sounds good but I've not found the time to go yet.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Play.expo is good, especially if you're a pinball nut like myself. I've been 5yrs running, but am going to give it a miss this year.
    Another option is Arcade club in Bury, which is open pretty much most of the time. 10 to get in and all machines on free play.
    https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk

I was a bit of a 'cade rat growing up.
    We used to ride the train to Blackpool most weekends, play till we nearly ran out of money, then we used to have an exploit with the naughts and crosses one armed bandits which we used to replenish our funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik_Barbour View Post
    Play.expo is good, especially if you're a pinball nut like myself. I've been 5yrs running, but am going to give it a miss this year.
    Another option is Arcade club in Bury, which is open pretty much most of the time. 10 to get in and all machines on free play.
    https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk

I was a bit of a 'cade rat growing up.
    We used to ride the train to Blackpool most weekends, play till we nearly ran out of money, then we used to have an exploit with the naughts and crosses one armed bandits which we used to replenish our funds.
    I'll be there on Saturday, it will be my 3rd year.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I'll be there on Saturday, it will be my 3rd year.
    Have a good one. Post up how you went on.