Clear All

• Re: Brit movie/tv quiz.

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Sexy beast?
    good work tex from Manchester

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
      Well, 1 is Shirley Bassey, I reckon. Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, and was the other one The Man With the Golden Gun ?

Was no 2 Sheena Easton?

As for 3, John Barry wrote it, but as for the guitarist, I don't know.
      Exceptional Clare. I dont know the guitarist either but will take an educated guess.. Australian John Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        Exceptional Clare. I dont know the guitarist either but will take an educated guess.. Australian John Williams?
        Fraid two of your three answers are incorrect, the third bassey film was moonraker,Shena easton is correct..well done, however the bond theme was written by Monty norman and performed by a guy called Ric flick.
        The man with the golden gun was sung by Lulu and John barry went on to score many of the films in the series...good effort Clare however!
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Appears I am giving credit where it is not due. Goes to show you how little I know about the machinations of Bond. I watched Bond because it was good escapist entertainment. So is John Williams the guitarist?

Comment

Appears I am giving credit where it is not due. Goes to show you how little I know about the machinations of Bond. I watched Bond because it was good escapist entertainment. So is John Williams the guitarist?
            No....Ric flick, please pay attention in class Donald!

Comment

O/T but how many different runs (not films) did Sean Connery have as Bond?
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                O/T but how many different runs (not films) did Sean Connery have as Bond?
                I suppose you could say he had 3 runs as Bond. The first was the five films from Dr No to You Only Live Twice in 1967. He returned for Diamonds are Forever in 1971 after George Lazenby had played Bond in the previous film, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Finally, he appeared as Bond in 1983 in the unofficial Never Say Never Again, unofficial as it was not part of the original series--Roger Moore was simultaneously playing Bond in that series.

Comment

No....Ric flick, please pay attention in class Donald!
                  Yes sir Mr Teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                    I suppose you could say he had 3 runs as Bond. The first was the five films from Dr No to You Only Live Twice in 1967. He returned for Diamonds are Forever in 1971 after George Lazenby had played Bond in the previous film, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Finally, he appeared as Bond in 1983 in the unofficial Never Say Never Again, unofficial as it was not part of the original series--Roger Moore was simultaneously playing Bond in that series.
                    Yep! Never Say Never Again was a remake of Thunderball, to which Connery had the rights.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      Yep! Never Say Never Again was a remake of Thunderball, to which Connery had the rights.
                      Kevin Maclory had the rights to thunderball and was billed as a producer on the film (he wasn't)

Comment

Kevin Maclory had the rights to thunderball and was billed as a producer on the film (he wasn't)
                        Ah, OK

Comment

Whose turn is it?

Comment

She needs a good facial but which horror film...
                            Attached Files

Comment

She needs a good facial but which horror film...
                              This is a Brit thread. So it is not The Exorcist...even tho it looks like the possessed girl in it.

Comment

This is a Brit thread. So it is not The Exorcist...even tho it looks like the possessed girl in it.
                                Erm yeah,brit thread of course...strike two

Comment

Working...
                                X