Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brit movie/tv quiz.

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    Yep, it was Christopher Strauli, and I think his character was named John. Yes, I remember Only when I Laugh--Peter Bowles and James Bolem were his ward mates. "I'm H.A.P.P.Y...." etc etc.
    Only When I Laugh ran out of laughs the longer it went. One Foot's Richard Wilson also made an appearance. What else has Strauli been in?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
      Only When I Laugh ran out of laughs the longer it went. One Foot's Richard Wilson also made an appearance. What else has Strauli been in?
      He was in "Fyll House", which I mainly remember Mr Hopwood from "Grange Hill" being in. (That's Brian Capron who was later in "Coronation Street" as some evil chap.)

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        Raffles the gentleman thief
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

strauli played Bunny manders but who played the title character in the 1970s tv series Raffles

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
            He was in "Fyll House", which I mainly remember Mr Hopwood from "Grange Hill" being in. (That's Brian Capron who was later in "Coronation Street" as some evil chap.)
            I meant "Full House", obviously. How did I miss that typo?

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              strauli played Bunny manders but who played the title character in the 1970s tv series Raffles
              Some toff I watched a coupla episodes.. can see his face.. has done a lot of Brit episodial tv. A clue to something else he has been in tex.

Comment

Originally posted by donald the great View Post
                some toff i watched a coupla episodes.. Can see his face.. Has done a lot of brit episodial tv. A clue to something else he has been in tex.
                callan and colditz

Comment

Anthony Valentine
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                    Anthony Valentine
                    Yup, well done Zaba

Comment

Oh, is it my go now? I thought that was just by-the-by...

Comment

you earned it zaba.

Comment

Can i make a suggestion?...to avoid long intervals between posts can we agree to post another question if you are sure about your answer being correct, it just keeps the thread moving. Ofcourse if you are just having a stab this is not practical.

Comment

Can i make a suggestion?...to avoid long intervals between posts can we agree to post another question if you are sure about your answer being correct, it just keeps the thread moving. Ofcourse if you are just having a stab this is not practical.
                            Definitely. Slow threds are one of my pet hates. Suggestion: Post the word confirmed in brackets to avoid confusion?

Also if everybody agrees. If there is a slow down as..for instance, the winner has not been on the forum for more than a day say.. perhaps another member can take their place.
                            Last edited by Donald the Great; 15-10-2018, 03:51.

Comment

OK

For which British TV show is the theme called Approaching Menace?

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                                OK

For which British TV show is the theme called Approaching Menace?
                                Wow, thats difficult, could potentially be one of thousands...wild stab, dr who?

Comment

Working...
                                X