Brit movie/tv quiz.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brit movie/tv quiz.

Yes, Grot was the name of the chain of shops Reggie opened in a later series, but I think it was still called the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin so far as I recall. There was one more where Reggie opened a kind of commune and got all his old Sunshine Desserts colleagues to work as therapists...CJ, the doctor, Joan his secretary, Tom his son-in-law etc. I think the one about Reggie's will was from a series quite a while after Rossiter's death and wasn't much good.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      Yes, Grot was the name of the chain of shops Reggie opened in a later series, but I think it was still called the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin so far as I recall. There was one more where Reggie opened a kind of commune and got all his old Sunshine Desserts colleagues to work as therapists...CJ, the doctor, Joan his secretary, Tom his son-in-law etc. I think the one about Reggie's will was from a series quite a while after Rossiter's death and wasn't much good.
      You my friend are a fount of info.

Comment

I did not watch the Perrin sequel as I kinda tired of his new character. He was so funny as the downtrodden sales manager of Sunshine Desserts.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          so was Donald right?...who's post?
          you go tex.

Comment

90s film.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post

90s film.
              The crying game?
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

The crying game?
                Spot on tex. You have been busy here while I have been sleeping. btw.. the username tex.. you an American western fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                  Spot on tex. You have been busy here while I have been sleeping. btw.. the username tex.. you an American western fan?
                  Yes i love westerns but no connection to my user name, i was christened Terence but only my parents used this name. i am Tex
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Yes i love westerns but no connection to my user name, i was christened Terence but only my parents used this name. i am Tex
                    One of my favourite to series ever is a western ... DeadWood !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another western fan here. I like films from the 50s to the 70s. Not a big fan of spaghettis as they sometimes get a bit too weird for my tastes. Of course, we here in dear old Blighty made westerns as well, often filmed in Spain...and that gives me an idea for a question...

Name the British western from the early 70s in which a woman seeks revenge against the men who murdered her husband and assaulted her. Some big names in this one.

Comment

• Brit movie/tv quiz.

Another western fan here. I like films from the 50s to the 70s. Not a big fan of spaghettis as they sometimes get a bit too weird for my tastes. Of course, we here in dear old Blighty made westerns as well, often filmed in Spain...and that gives me an idea for a question...

Name the British western from the early 70s in which a woman seeks revenge against the men who murdered her husband and assaulted her. Some big names in this one.
                        Well ... have you tried DeadWood !?

It's loosely based around a real 'town' and real people ( gun slingers ) and real events ....

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                          Well ... have you tried DeadWood !?

It's loosely based around a real 'town' and real people ( gun slingers ) and real events ....

No, never seen that series, thanks for the recommendation

Comment

No, never seen that series, thanks for the recommendation
                            It's one of the very few box sets I've watched a few times . It's on Sky In Demand now

All three series available.

I'm happy I mentioned it as after checking google I just discovered they're starting to film a movie to finish off the series neatly ... after a ten year wait !!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/collide...-synopsis/amp/

Comment

A Brit western? Was that one of Eastwood's non spaghetti westerns?

Comment

Nope, Eastwood has never starred in a Brit western as far as I am aware. The one I am referring to starred a very famous American sex symbol and a British horror actor in a smaller role. It also featured one of the actors from the bounty hunter posse in The Wild Bunch and he also sold Mattie Ross her pony in True Grit--1969 version.

Comment

Working...
                                X