Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brit movie/tv quiz.

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Something like kiranu and i think wendy?

Kyrano is correct but not Wendy. She had a name that wasn't typically feminine....as a clue: a character of almost the same name had a dog called Snowy in another series.

Comment

Of course, Tin tin
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Two parter on the golden shot....
        Who was Bobs female assistant? and who loaded the crossbow?

Comment

Two parter on the golden shot....
          Who was Bobs female assistant? and who loaded the crossbow?

Bob's bubbly blonde assistant was the lovely Ann Aston, who had trouble adding up the scores. Bernie was the guy who loaded the crossbow..."Bernie, the bolt" was Bob's weekly catchphrase.

Staying with The Golden Shot, which two comedians replaced Bob when he left the show, before being brought back for its final year or so after both failed to gain popularity with the public.

Comment

I can picture one of them but can't recall his name, he did adverts for Cadburys roses..."roses grown on you"

Comment

I can picture one of them but can't recall his name, he did adverts for Cadburys roses..."roses grown on you"

The guy who did the Roses ads was Norman Vaughan, and he, indeed, was one of those who took over from Bob. The other was a very distinctive comedian, especially for the 70s. I believe he got his start on TV in The Comedians.

Comment

Mixed race guy....buck teeth as i recall, yorkshire accent ?.....Must of upset somebody with this answer surely?

Comment

Mixed race guy....buck teeth as i recall, yorkshire accent ?.....Must of upset somebody with this answer surely?
                  Oh yeah, I think I remember him. Did he have a cloth cap? Kenny something?

Comment

The answer is Charlie Williams. He had a fascinating life, first playing professional football before becoming a stand-up comedian. He seemed to have trouble holding The Golden Shot together, but that wasn't any reflection on him imo, anyone following the superb Bob Monkhouse would have his work cut out. He was very popular for a while and even had his own comic strip in Shiver and Shake.

Comment

Charlie williams was in shiver and shake?...thats brilliant!

Comment

which former coronation st regular played a cobbler in the movie Hobsons choice?

Comment

which former coronation st regular played a cobbler in the movie Hobsons choice?

Now, I know this one as that film was on TV not too long ago, and I was surprised to see that the guy who played Albert Tatlock was in it, Jack Howarth was the actor's name.

Staying with Coronation Street, which long-serving Street actor got a thumping from Michael Caine in Get Carter? Just to be clear, the actor is now deceased and I believe was in Get Carter before joining the Street.

Comment

Brian moses..aka Alf roberts, Moses did many things apart from corrie and could often be seen in things like the saint, randal & Hopkirk etc.

Comment

Who were the regular team captains on give us a clue?

Comment

Who were the regular team captains on give us a clue?

Boys captain was Lionel Blair and girls captain was Una Stubbs, later replaced by the lovely Lisa Goddard. I can't remember if Blair was ever replaced.

Ok, Lisa Goddard starred in a sitcom that was a follow-up to one that had John Alderton and Pauline Collins as the leads. Can you name both sitcoms?

Comment

Working...
                                X