Thread: Cross Country Running PE

Default Cross Country Running PE

Schools used to have cross country runs in the PE lesson

My mate and I caught a bus some of the way lol. We made sure we weren't first but third or fourth so nobody would sus we caught the bus some of the way

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Cross Country Running PE

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Schools used to have cross country runs in the PE lesson

My mate and I caught a bus some of the way lol. We made sure we weren't first but third or fourth so nobody would sus we caught the bus some of the way
    We only had 1 each in First and 2nd Year at Secondary Twocky

The one I do recall was running past my Grand-parents hose and it probably eqauted to 2/3 miles via the Canal/Towpath etc and back round the other to school

Immense fair play to you though for catching the Bus and in eqaul terms not being caught out - for certain this is something I would not of dared thing of to do as a plan or more so dare do what-soever at that time/era!

80sChav

I loved doing cross country at school.

Pushing myself etc.

Dont know if they still do it at school now.

I did it around 1990 i think.
    THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HO

I hated cross-country running. ours involved running through some fields at the back of our school.

A couple of us took a shortcut one day but I got caught, most likely because I was easy to spot as I was wearing a bright blue/pink/yellow/green 80s Tshirt my bro brought me back from Ibiza.....

A lot didnt like it when i was doing it either
    more than likely a few had a tin of beer stashed on the route and would stop for a swig of it.
    The route we did there where some uphill and downhill
    sections.

Quote Originally Posted by mulletino View Post
    i hated cross-country running. Ours involved running through some fields at the back of our school.

A couple of us took a shortcut one day but i got caught, most likely because i was easy to spot as i was wearing a bright blue/pink/yellow/green 80s tshirt my bro brought me back from ibiza.....
    THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HO

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    I hated cross-country running. ours involved running through some fields at the back of our school.

A couple of us took a shortcut one day but I got caught, most likely because I was easy to spot as I was wearing a bright blue/pink/yellow/green 80s Tshirt my bro brought me back from Ibiza.....

We'd of been made to do it again 9and may-be twice) if we had been caught taking a shortcut Mulletino mate and too if not had proper PE Stuff on!!

The Teach would of resented us more if caught doing our Ties thin too after PE/X Country too mate lol

I think I was a little bit weirder than most as I liked cross country at school, god knows why though

There were paper chases too where one person went ahead laying a trail of bits of paper

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.