Keeko's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keeko's

I know this topic is a bit old but can anyone else remember Keeko/Keeko's?
    It would be great if someone has a picture of one. I have searched the web but can find nothing on Keeko apart from this post which shows up in the search results
    Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      did they have keeko writen over a plastic?film top? and you had to stab it with your straw to open it?
      They had a foil top that you had to stab a hole in with the straw to drink it, but most of the time we got them frozen, you couldn't beat them on a hot summers day, they were in a translucent carton with a gold foiled top. I think Keeko was written in gold writing on the main body of the carton if I'm not mistaken.
      Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I remember Keeko in 1/3 pint bottles at school in Workington in 1966

Comment

Originally posted by peterj View Post
          I remember Keeko in 1/3 pint bottles at school in Workington in 1966
          Hiya Peter, nice to have someone on here from Workington. Are you still living in Workington Peter?

When I was at school, they didnt have Keeko's. Anytime I had them, they were bought from local corner shops. About 10p a carton they were in the early 80s. I can remember some shops didn't sell them, but instead sold cartons of Vimto, they would nearly always try and fob you off by saying 'Keeko and Vimto are just the same'. They both used to taste different, the Keeko been MUCH nicer.

I asked about Keeko's on a local Newspaper forum a while back. A guy on there said that Keeko's were locally made (that's would explain why nobody from out of the Cumbria has heard of them). From what I can remember of what the guy told me, Keeko were made at a place near to where Pentagon Chemicals is now (Oldside), Three Keys? rings a bell. I think this could have been a Milk depot later/before then, perhaps you might remember this place Peter?

Comment

They were called Kwenchy cups up here.I loved the red cola one.

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
              Can anyone remember Keeko drinks ?

These used to come in cartons, you could either drink them or put them in the freezer and have them. A lot of people used to think that they were Vimto but the Keeko's were much nicer, plus they were actually called Keeko, I think later on, they may have been taken over by Vimto as they dissapeared from the shelves. Can anyone remember the Keeko ?
              It was made by a company called CummingParsons in Monsall. The biggest market for this was the middle east, it was a competitor to vimto

Comment

Originally posted by kazzo View Post
                It was made by a company called CummingParsons in Monsall. The biggest market for this was the middle east, it was a competitor to vimto
                My dad worked for Cumming Parsons as a pharmaceutical chemist in the early to mid 1960's. I never saw Keeko in the shops but he used to bring home 2.5 litres of what must have been the Vimto like one in concentrate form. Bright pink it was and so was my mouth throughout my early childhood. Delicious it seemed to me and my friends at the time, but the supply stopped when my dad left the firm. I was heartbroken! Great to hear that other people knew of it too. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                X