Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On TV, today in 1977:

Default Re: On TV, today in 1977:

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMort View Post
    I get the listings from the BBC Genome website which (sadly and obviously) doesn't have ITV listings. I'm sure I could find some somewhere online so hopefully I can do some more. Glad you like it!
    Try this site https://radiosoundsfamiliar.com/the-...hive-1970s.php

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    I think it was 'The Invisible Enemy' that was the Doctor Who serial back in October 1977, with Leela being the companion. 'Hand of Fear' was the serial from October 1976.
    I stand corrected! - not sure I recall this one either, but it seems to have run between 'Horror of Fang Rock' and 'Image of the Fendhal', both of which I remember very fondly.

Bagpuss, Multi Coloured Swap Shop, Tom and Jerry, Doctor Who (I was fanatical about watching this), Bruce Forsyth & The Generation Game, The Dick Emery Show. I never watched Horizon until the 1990s, pity, there must have been some fantastic science episodes.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Just spotted 'The Narrow Margin' at 00:25 - put me down for that, great film.

Remade with Gene Hackman in the 90s, but the original is best.

I was a Tiswas kid too, so much better/anarchic than swap shop. We were so lucky in the Midlands in that we had it from the start in '74. Can't believe it ended in '82, my fading memory had it lasting longer than that. Would've watched Dr. Who too (fan of Dr's played by Pertwee and Baker, lost interest when Baker left). Generation Game, maybe Dick Emery. Wouldn't have watched MoTD as I didn't get into footy till later in life. I would have missed most of the afternoon TV as I'd be out playing (I was 9 in '77).

Finnthedude.

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    I stand corrected! - not sure I recall this one either, but it seems to have run between 'Horror of Fang Rock' and 'Image of the Fendhal', both of which I remember very fondly.
    I don't recall 'The Invisible Enemy' all that well, either. I did like 'Fang Rock' quite a bit and Leela was one of my favourite companions for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Bagpuss, Multi Coloured Swap Shop, Tom and Jerry, Doctor Who (I was fanatical about watching this), Bruce Forsyth & The Generation Game, The Dick Emery Show. I never watched Horizon until the 1990s, pity, there must have been some fantastic science episodes.
    Re: Horizon. There were, indeed, some cracking episodes in the 80s and before that. When I was at university in the mid 80s the library had a huge collection of episodes on VHS cassettes and a number of alcoves with a small TV and video player set-ups, and I spent many enjoyable lunchtimes watching old episodes. There were a fair few on the Pioneer and Voyager spacecraft and their encounters with various planets, and a very good one about the extinction of the dinosaurs.