Cinema adverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinema adverts

remember those ads for chinese and indian restaurants that were used nationwide with the local places tacked on at the end. I'm looking for an ad for a local off licence, it was a cartoon with 2 men walking and one says "this is the place" and grabbing the others hand whisks him off into it. It was in Camphill, Nuneaton Warwickshire by the way!

Re: Cinema adverts

Yeah had these in Essex too, seems they used them as intros to local restaurants, usually Indian ones, he'd say "Ere Bert, this is the place!" also usually followed by a "Car Buyer" advert (Car Buyer, for quality used cars get Car Buyer, available every *enter day*).

I can't seem to find either online.

Comment

I remember the local gym used to advertise a lot at my local cinema.

Often car advents would have the details of a local dealer tacked on the end, "For a test drive call Smith Motors, your local Ford dealership"
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I expect everyone remember the Pearl & Dean film (?) trailers
        Last edited by Twocky61; 21-10-2017, 10:59. Reason: Additional Text
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Cinema adverts used to be much better than their TV counterparts - not any more, mostly!
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

One of the Pearl & Dean's was for garages and showed, I think, a Vauxhall Velox being repaired, and that one was shown well into the 80s at my local cinema.

Comment

I always think that the adverts and trailers you see is a bit like the cinema answer to bubblewrap or tissue paper that you get when you open a box with something inside it that has been delivered.

I remembered the adverts for toys on before the kids films, and often the same ones that were on CITV, only bigger because of the cinema screen.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Does anyone remember a cinema ad for a brand of lager where the managing director is taking a whole staff meeting and tells his staff he is going to pay them more and give them shorter hours. I have been looking for ages

Comment

Around the 'eighties, the company (Kiora IIRC) that made the orange drink in plastic cartons with a straw attached, used subliminal advertising in cinema's

It has since been banned in advertising

Whilst you were watching the film, a picture of the carton would shoot across the top of the screen. You wouldn't see it, but when you went to the kiosk in the interval your subconscious would remind you, so you wanted to buy one
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                  X