NICAM stereo sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICAM stereo sound

When did you first get NICAM stereo sound? What device did you use to receive it? For example, was it a NICAM enabled TV, a NICAM enabled video recorder, or a separate NICAM tuner?

Re: NICAM stereo sound

a toshiba vcr, forget what model though. attatched a lead from that to my hi fi system and it was great.

Comment

I think my Aunt & Uncle got a Nicam TV around 1990, may parents didn't until 1994.

All the channels used to plug it a lot, putting things on screen to tell you the next programme was in stereo.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Don't think I've ever owned anything that's NICAM

Comment

The first Nicam device we had was a Matsui TV from, I think, Currys in 1990. It was a 25" FST model. I am struggling to remember the first Nicam video recorder we had, but it was bought sometime after the TV and was probably a Ferguson or Hitachi so far as I can recall.

Comment

A Panasonic TV from '88 which is still working perfectly today. Obviously not digital so I use it connected to my VHS VCR

Also you can play VHS tapes on a flat screen TV which was bought before the switch over as most of them have a separate analogue board
            Last edited by Twocky61; 21-10-2017, 10:56. Reason: Additional Text
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
            X