Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polos or Shirts?

Default Re: Polos or Shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    No frets - you obviously know taste is all I can conclude with!!

Par - what would you say though with/for Polos - inside a Sweater Collar or Out!!?
    80sChav
    I would probably have the collar out and flat against the sweater, still with the buttons open though. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    I would probably have the collar out and flat against the sweater, still with the buttons open though. How about you?
    They have gotta be in , sorry!

Though I thought "back in the day" that that look was scruffy lol

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    They have gotta be in , sorry!

Though I thought "back in the day" that that look was scruffy lol

80sChav
    Oh no we disagree on something!!! Good job i didn't know this last nite as i would never had gone to sleep!!!

Oh no we disagree on something!!! Good job i didn't know this last nite as i would never had gone to sleep!!!
    Not now though - as I like this look lol

I also like Football Shirts "as" Polos too

80sChav

Fred Perry polo. I bought my first around 1981 from a shop called Olympus sports in Manchester Arndale. It cost me 6.99. Over the last couple of years I've built up a bit of a collection but they now cost anything from 45-70.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

A Polo or Long Sleeved Polo with a dress Blazer 9Re Sports Jacket to be more accurate) always looked nice in the 90s as did a Blazer with either of the 2 (though I guess a blazer is more of a Buisnessman/Buisnesswoman's outfit) or unless your like Blondie/Debroah Harry in her Blazer

On a sub-note of Long Sleeved Polos - I recall a time in the very early 90s they became Jumper-type or rather made more of Jumper material with several Buttons on. Round my way at that time we had that trend of wearing a lihjter materialed Polo underneath with the Collar out over the Jumper one and no Buttons buttoned or very few - which was almost a fore-runner to "Band T-Shirts or Football shirts over Jumpers" in the "Height of Winter" that I first noticed as a style/trend in 1995!

80sChav

For some reason now I have changed my mind and accept/respect the Collar Out over Blazers ... I dunno why I said otherwise before to be fair lol

80sChav

Has anyone seen the resurgance of those Long Sleeved polos with the little Green Logo on (not Fruit Of The Loom) but a similar brand

Apparently they are really "in" and a few of my nephews - school-age often wear them at school in place of their Shirts as they are considered the epitone of how they was in the 80s once again now!!

80sChav

Whats the actual difference between shirts and polo shirts ive never been to sure.

I have an odd few old ones with fruit of the loom on them far as i know and they do seem rather old like eighties or nineties.

And i do think theres been a resurgence in polos where iam after looking up polo shirts.

================================================== =================
    Quote Originally Posted by 80schav View Post
    has anyone seen the resurgance of those long sleeved polos with the little green logo on (not fruit of the loom) but a similar brand

apparently they are really "in" and a few of my nephews - school-age often wear them at school in place of their shirts as they are considered the epitone of how they was in the 80s once again now!!

80schav
    Last edited by darren; 09-04-2019 at 15:18.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    Whats the actual difference between shirts and polo shirts ive never been to sure.

I have an odd few old ones with fruit of the loom on them far as i know and they do seem rather old like eighties or nineties.

And i do think theres been a resurgence in polos where iam after looking up polo shirts.

================================================== =================

No difference exists to be fair Darren mate par a Shirt has a less soft collar

I must admit I am starting to love 9again) as with all other fashion comebacks these long sleeved Polos with about 6 buttons on - if you think Burtons Menswear circa the early 90s (I don't know if you had one near you or still do) but they sold those tyoe .... and the buttons was class too, not cheapo types!!

If I can find a photo of Todays versions late on I'll post here mate!1 As with the Windrunner's - I think it is fair to say these 2 garments are the best re-inventions that topple the original versions - which is not very often the case (in whatever walk of life - Fashion, Music, re-launching shops etcI think).

Though too in my area I/we are gifted to have some exceptional class menswear shops in a 25/30 mile radios every direction that caters for men who are either 21-30 and including upwards for the more mature man too

80sChav