Polos or Shirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polos or Shirts?

A Polo or Long Sleeved Polo with a dress Blazer 9Re Sports Jacket to be more accurate) always looked nice in the 90s as did a Blazer with either of the 2 (though I guess a blazer is more of a Buisnessman/Buisnesswoman's outfit) or unless your like Blondie/Debroah Harry in her Blazer

On a sub-note of Long Sleeved Polos - I recall a time in the very early 90s they became Jumper-type or rather made more of Jumper material with several Buttons on. Round my way at that time we had that trend of wearing a lihjter materialed Polo underneath with the Collar out over the Jumper one and no Buttons buttoned or very few - which was almost a fore-runner to "Band T-Shirts or Football shirts over Jumpers" in the "Height of Winter" that I first noticed as a style/trend in 1995!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
      I would probably have the collar out and flat against the sweater, still with the buttons open though. How about you?

For some reason now I have changed my mind and accept/respect the Collar Out over Blazers ... I dunno why I said otherwise before to be fair lol

80sChav

Comment

Has anyone seen the resurgance of those Long Sleeved polos with the little Green Logo on (not Fruit Of The Loom) but a similar brand

Apparently they are really "in" and a few of my nephews - school-age often wear them at school in place of their Shirts as they are considered the epitone of how they was in the 80s once again now!!

80sChav

Comment

Whats the actual difference between shirts and polo shirts ive never been to sure.

I have an odd few old ones with fruit of the loom on them far as i know and they do seem rather old like eighties or nineties.

And i do think theres been a resurgence in polos where iam after looking up polo shirts.

================================================== =================
          Originally posted by 80schav View Post
          has anyone seen the resurgance of those long sleeved polos with the little green logo on (not fruit of the loom) but a similar brand

apparently they are really "in" and a few of my nephews - school-age often wear them at school in place of their shirts as they are considered the epitone of how they was in the 80s once again now!!

80schav
          Last edited by darren; 09-04-2019, 15:18.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Whats the actual difference between shirts and polo shirts ive never been to sure.

I have an odd few old ones with fruit of the loom on them far as i know and they do seem rather old like eighties or nineties.

And i do think theres been a resurgence in polos where iam after looking up polo shirts.

No difference exists to be fair Darren mate par a Shirt has a less soft collar

I must admit I am starting to love 9again) as with all other fashion comebacks these long sleeved Polos with about 6 buttons on - if you think Burtons Menswear circa the early 90s (I don't know if you had one near you or still do) but they sold those tyoe .... and the buttons was class too, not cheapo types!!

If I can find a photo of Todays versions late on I'll post here mate!1 As with the Windrunner's - I think it is fair to say these 2 garments are the best re-inventions that topple the original versions - which is not very often the case (in whatever walk of life - Fashion, Music, re-launching shops etcI think).

Though too in my area I/we are gifted to have some exceptional class menswear shops in a 25/30 mile radios every direction that caters for men who are either 21-30 and including upwards for the more mature man too

80sChav

Comment

Shirts definitely - I wouldn't have a polo (the mints excepted).
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I have a few polo shirts for wearing at work in the summer.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Daily I wear T-shirts (due to the tropical climate) but if I need "smartening up" i'll wear a Polo.

Comment

This/these are the new type Long Sleeve Polos Darren, that I recall having in the very early 90s mate

80sChav

Though some may call it a a Collared Jumper I dunno as areas descriptions vary but here goes:,

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.G...=0&w=300&h=300
                    Last edited by 80sChav; 10-04-2019, 11:16. Reason: Make more space paragraph wise in thread

Comment

Polos or Shirts?

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                      I like polo shirts, there's only one way for me to wear one though and that is with the collar up and buttons undone, i wear one in the office as it's part of my uniform (until i change into scrubs)
                      ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Zincubus; 10-04-2019, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I must admtt that I prefer "up" too Nuggy - it oozes class and rebelion and of course Eric Cantona!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                          Daily I wear T-shirts (due to the tropical climate) but if I need "smartening up" i'll wear a Polo.

A Polo with Blazer (long sleeved or not for the Polo) oozes classi think and especialy the new type long sleeved ones that have been resurected and add a tie dune thin too an your talking I think Mulletino (given the Collar ratio of Polos)!!

80sChav

Comment

I would class what she's wearing as more of a Rugby Shirt though, even without rubber buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                              I would class what she's wearing as more of a Rugby Shirt though, even without rubber buttons.
                              True agreed Mulletino. I thought that I could not truley place the picture in my head (or it did;nt add up)

Thanks for the Heads up!, here mate

80sChav

Comment

This is true Darren mate - I think we keep going through a time-warp where certain items become re-trendy or gain elevated status to what they had before .... like Windrunners now-adays

Polos and in-particular a shop called USC (I dunno if you have 1 nr you)?, have qaulity Polos mate

I like how too in the early 90s some people twinned Polos with Blazers and Sports-Jackets, so they allmost passed as Shirts lol

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X