Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Savage Garden Fans?

I had totaly forgot about these until earlier

I dunno why - I always link them with Travis, but Darren Hyes was IT in my opinion in S.G

Even as solo artist, he has scaled great heights I feel. How can anyone forget there best song Fly Me To The Moon and Back

Easily they were (in their prime) australia's Answer to Be E King/Ottis Reading/Marvin Gaye and the soul era I think. Fly Me To The Moon Proves that I think in it's tone and vocals

80sChav

Re: Any Savage Garden Fans?

I'm a fan of them. They were from my town of Brisbane, and the biggest selling Brisbane band since The Bee Gees. The song you have referenced is actually called "To The Moon And Back", and it's my favourite song of theirs. "Fly Me To The Moon" is a jazz song, actually.

It's a shame that they didn't last long after they became famous. They were too radically different personalities that clashed after a while. Daniel Jones was very much the shy, unassuming anti-pop star who didn't care much for fame and adulation, whereas Darren Hayes has always been very out there, witty and charismatic and knows how to work the media. They are one Brisbane band whom I would love to see reform down the track.

Comment

Re: Any Savage Garden Fans?

Originally posted by fatpizzaman View Post
      I'm a fan of them. They were from my town of Brisbane, and the biggest selling Brisbane band since The Bee Gees. The song you have referenced is actually called "To The Moon And Back", and it's my favourite song of theirs. "Fly Me To The Moon" is a jazz song, actually.

It's a shame that they didn't last long after they became famous. They were too radically different personalities that clashed after a while. Daniel Jones was very much the shy, unassuming anti-pop star who didn't care much for fame and adulation, whereas Darren Hayes has always been very out there, witty and charismatic and knows how to work the media. They are one Brisbane band whom I would love to see reform down the track.
      I love To The Moon And Back, that's the only song i know from Savage Garden, and Darren Hayes is mega fit!

Comment

Working...
      X