Hello to All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to All

I'm very much a new boy having only joined today. I found this site by accident and it looks a lot more my sort of thing than Facebook so here I am. So is there anyone out there who used to go to Jazz Clubs in the 1960's?? I did. I guess I visited pretty much ALL of them from Penzance toThurso . But I wasn't in the audience, I was playing. So if there's anyone who listened or danced to the music of the Mike Cotton Jazzmen or,later, the Chris Barber Band then you might remember me, I was the guy playing Banjo. I hope someone out there must have had (almost) as much fun as I did so whether it was Barnet,Aylesbury, the Digbeth in Birmingham, the Dancing Slipper or the TBI in Nottingham...... Etc etc.maybe we can have a stroll down memory lane together. I'm still on the planet and still playing and I can remember lots of guys and gals who came to see us. Where are you all now? Stu Morrison

Re: Hello to All

Welcome Stu, glad to have you onboard.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Hello Stu And Welcome To DYR

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Welcome
        Heather

Comment

Nice ta meecha, Stu! Don't know much about Mr. Barber's music, more of a Lonnie man myself (he was in the band for a tim as well, of course). I wasn't around at the time you mention but I bet you have some stories to tell!!!
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Great tohave ya on board stu.

Have fun.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Hi Stu

Comment

Working...
              X