Thread: Woodstock

Default Woodstock

Just below DYR's remit being 1969 who remembers the iconic Woodstock festival?

Probably the most iconic moment when Jimmy Hendrix played 'Star Spangled Banner' on 'leccy guitar

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Default Re: Woodstock

I am a bit too young to remember Woodstock at the time, but I saw the documentary about it at the cinema in the early 80s. Yes, Hendrix's performance was iconic, but I also liked Jefferson Airplane and Country Joe and the Fish, and what about Joe Cocker--wow! Woodstock is the film that Charlton Heston's character watches alone in the cinema early on in The Omega Man.

Also too young but I've seen the film a coupla times and enjoyed it a lot

Interesting (to me) coincidence: I was watching The X Factor at the weekend and one of my fave acts there is called Kevin David White. I said to my fair lady that he reminded me of Ritchie Havens' opening slot at Woodstock. She gave me that "look" that suggests "I really do not care, you sad man!"
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

The really great thing about Woodstock is, it became a free concert after the throngs of people coming through the fence. Obviously the financial backers, who the guy on the mike said they will take a big hit. The financial backers, as he said, decided the concert goers are more important than the buck

It was the biggest gathering of people anywhere

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.