Snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I have got the snooker on BBC 2 from Ally Pally and both players are called Wilson - Kyren and Gary. I can't remember any professional match where two players with the same surname have played against each other, although I am sure it has happened in the past.
    And it happened again in Round One at the Crucible this year - Kyren beat Gary, and Kyren stayed in until beaten by Shaun Murphy in the semi-finals. It made me think as he was mentioned as K Wilson in round one and just Wilson after that - I would have thought it was have caused confusion as a result from the second found onwards.

Anyway, congratulations to Mark "The Jester from Leicester" Selby on his fourth win at the Crucible - saw it on BBC Two until the finish at 10.30 pm. Nice that an East Midlander wins again.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

And it happened again in Round One at the Crucible this year - Kyren beat Gary, and Kyren stayed in until beaten by Shaun Murphy in the semi-finals. It made me think as he was mentioned as K Wilson in round one and just Wilson after that - I would have thought it was have caused confusion as a result from the second found onwards.

Anyway, congratulations to Mark "The Jester from Leicester" Selby on his fourth win at the Crucible - saw it on BBC Two until the finish at 10.30 pm. Nice that an East Midlander wins again.
      Slight anti-climax for me. Murphy should not have attempted the red on the cushion, which cost him the championship. I was looking forward to a possible final frame.

Comment

I thought that World Snooker was the end of the season, but I saw on the Red button the seniors tournament that was on last week. Dennis Taylor and Hendry had a go but lost in earlier rounds.

It was a Lillywhite final because David Lilley played Jimmy White - Lilley won over JW (who always seemed to be the Billy Fury of snooker - i.e. always seemed to end second and not quite get to number one).
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I thought that World Snooker was the end of the season, but I saw on the Red button the seniors tournament that was on last week. Dennis Taylor and Hendry had a go but lost in earlier rounds.

It was a Lillywhite final because David Lilley played Jimmy White - Lilley won over JW (who always seemed to be the Billy Fury of snooker - i.e. always seemed to end second and not quite get to number one).
          It turns out that the game season has dragged on? Or how should it be understood correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyLeslie View Post

It turns out that the game season has dragged on? Or how should it be understood correctly?
            I don't think that it has "dragged on" to be honest.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

And of course, we didn't have protests, covering the snooker tables with orange powder back in the day; supergluing themselves to the table, or alarms going off. It's great that we still have Dennis Taylor doing commentary.

I noted down ten players as my "ten to follow" and all ten made it to the second round - O'Sullivan being the wildcard.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X