Updated (PC) Names for TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated (PC) Names for TV Shows

Early today for some reason I thought of 'Opportunity Knocks', which today (the age of 'Nurse Who') would have to be 'Equal Opportunity Knocks'.

In the area of children's programmes (sorry 'Kids TV'), 'Jillanory', and of course there would be 'Postal Worker Pat' who identifies as non-binary and cohabits with his feline companion of dual heritage.

Any more suggestions?

Re: Updated (PC) Names for TV Shows

Oh yes, and Patrick McGoohan in Danger Person!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

'Black & White Minstrel's' becomes: 'Made Up Ethnic Minstrels'
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        'Black & White Minstrel's' becomes: 'Made Up Ethnic Minstrels'
        I love it. I remember a lady from somewhere on the farthest reaches of the Central Line who wanted advice about the South-West London property market. When I asked her why she wanted to move, she said: 'it's the effniks, innit'. I bet she voted for Brexitland.
        Last edited by Silver Bear; 07-11-2017, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          Oh yes, and Patrick McGoohan in Danger Person!
          Hero and actor have also become 'gender neutral' words, which IMHO makes the language poorer and more drab.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
            I love it. I remember a lady from somewhere on the farthest reaches of the Central Line who wanted advice about the South-West London property market. When I asked her why she wanted to move, she said: 'it's the effniks, innit'. I bet she voted for Brexitland.
            Innit/like/right/you know what I mean? lol
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Sortof, like! Wo'evva. ...

Comment

"So like she went to the cinema without me like but am I boverred? No I aint. you know what I mean?" lol
                sigpic

Comment

"So like she went to the cinema without me like but am I boverred? No I aint. you know what I mean?" lol
                  I like the way the accent changes suddenly in central southern England - Southampton especially - so that you have a kind of hybrid of London/SE England and the West Country. Take the sentence: 'Jamie, come down now.' Here in London it's 'Jymee, come darn nah!' whereas in So'ton it's 'Joymay, come dane naw!'

In So'ton if you're a man they call you 'Mush'. There are even '100% So'ton Mush' t-shirts.

Comment

On the PC theme, one of the best loved Starsky and Hutch characters was Huggy Bear (full name Huggy Bear Brown). He would now be censored as a 'stereotype' even though he remains loved by many.

Comment

Some people say I talk like a teenage girl but I'm like whatever...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                        Some people say I talk like a teenage girl but I'm like whatever...

lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah but no but

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
                            Yeah but no but

Good old Vicky lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Visually-Impaired Date, which used to be presented by Cilla Ethnic.

Game shows could be BAME shows...
                              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X