Royal Weddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Royal Weddings

I have always thought that weekday weddings were more special than weekend ones - I mean, Saturdays are usually the day when Mr and Mrs Public get married on, rather than Royalty I have always thought.

Harry and Meghan's will be on a Saturday as we now know, just like Anne and Tim Lawrence, Edward and Sophie, and Charles and Camilla.

And of course, apart from Andrew and Fergie, all the main Royal Weddings have either been special Bank Holidays or been on a Saturday.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

And now Fergie is going to be a Mother in Law! (Well, almost).

Best wishes to Princess Eugenie - I shall be watching that This Morning special...
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        But who's paying for these lash weddings?

The tax payer?
        Two million pounds spent on security for fridays wedding, this is a massive amount of money which could be better spent
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          Two million pounds spent on security for fridays wedding, this is a massive amount of money which could be better spent
          An average of 67p to the taxpayer (as I saw mentioned in a Sunday newspaper a few years ago) is good value for money as far as I am concerned.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            An average of 67p to the taxpayer (as I saw mentioned in a Sunday newspaper a few years ago) is good value for money as far as I am concerned.
            This is one point of view but how about spending this money on nurses or the homeless or something useful.
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
              This is one point of view but how about spending this money on nurses or the homeless or something useful.
              I do think that doctors, nurses, the police, teachers and other people who serve our communities deserve to have money spent on them, but at the same time, we do have a right to celebrate what is good about our country - Christmas costs money every year when it comes to what we buy - presents, food, parties etc, and people don't stop being ill at Christmas, neither does crime stop being committed then - one could argue that Christmas is a special event in the same bracket as a Royal Wedding is.

I know that these days we have very little to celebrate about life in general, and I am talking personally as well as generally - it is nice to get these welcome diversions from what we think of as normal routine.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X