Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Royal Weddings

Default Re: Royal Weddings

I'd go straight to having Harry as King !!

Can we not start a petition ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by battyrat View Post
    Princess Anne was married on the 14th November 1973 to Captain Mark Phillips. Later divorced and remarried in 1992/3 to a guy called Lawrence.
    Yes, I know what you meant of course - it's just the way that you originally wrote it!
    I am a man (just in case anyone asks).

But who's paying for these lash weddings?

The tax payer?

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    But who's paying for these lash weddings?

The tax payer?
    They only cost us about 70p per person or something. Not bad value to be honest.

There will be increased tourism from the wedding plus VAT and other taxes from sales of wedding momentos etc, so whatever is spent from the public purse will be more than made up for in revenue.

I have signed the parliament petition that asked for the Harry and Meghan wedding to be a Bank Holiday. There were so many rejected petitions on there asking for the same thing.

If we can have a Bank Holiday each year to see the final frames of snooker from the Crucible, then surely they can give us one for this.

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I have signed the parliament petition that asked for the Harry and Meghan wedding to be a Bank Holiday. There were so many rejected petitions on there asking for the same thing.

If we can have a Bank Holiday each year to see the final frames of snooker from the Crucible, then surely they can give us one for this.
    Nice idea !!

Any chance of you starting a petition demanding that they skip Charles , William and who ever else is in line and just make Harry the King as soon as possible !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Nice idea !!

Any chance of you starting a petition demanding that they skip Charles , William and who ever else is in line and just make Harry the King as soon as possible !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I believe that they would say that the UK Parliament would have no control with regards to the succession to the throne.

I was having a look at some of the rejected petitions yesterday, and some of them made me laugh so much because of their implausibility.

Do you mean petitions which have failed to reach 10,000 for government response or 100,000 for consideration of debate, or which have reached the threshhold but were rejected for debate by the overseeing committee?

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    Do you mean petitions which have failed to reach 10,000 for government response or 100,000 for consideration of debate, or which have reached the threshold but were rejected for debate by the overseeing committee?
    Those that have failed because there is a similar petition existing or one that involves something that the UK government doesn't have any authority or control over.