Massive logoed items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive logoed items

Do other members recall thew traits of the 1990s like Polos andf Tracksuit Bottoms with immensley big Logos - say who made it!!

I have noted these are making a comeback again - hence why i am posting the thread in a way

I still think though that most re-booting of fashion fails 9 out of ten 10 times and never has the same impact as we saw/noted things the first time - it is like Katherine Kelly ex Corra actress said about going on holiday once, to one placer but it never being the same 2nd time I think I am tempted to say/feel/believe and with massive Logoed Clothes in-particular too

80sChav

Re: Massive logoed items

yeah, i had a puma hooded top that i wore for work that was like that. think i've still got a puma and adidas sweater with big logos on them.

Comment

I remember t-shirts & tracksuit tops with a big logo on them.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

They were prominent of the shell suit era of the early 1990s.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

One thing they had back then was tobacco advertising on private cars. You get a new paint job in their livery & they pay you for advertising them
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
            One thing they had back then was tobacco advertising on private cars. You get a new paint job in their livery & they pay you for advertising them
            I've not heard of that, but Ford had some limited edition Capris with the same JPS livery as the Lotus Formula 1 cars.

While I was at college it was common to see jackets with Alpine & Kenwood logos on them, both being popular brands for car radios at the time.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              I've not heard of that, but Ford had some limited edition Capris with the same JPS livery as the Lotus Formula 1 cars.
              One of my grandmother's neighbours up in Edinburgh in the 1970s worked for Rothman's and drove a little NSU (remember them?) with the Rothman's logo emblazoned all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post

While I was at college it was common to see jackets with Alpine & Kenwood logos on them, both being popular brands for car radios at the time.
                Talking of Ford here, Richard reminds me of my sadly departed best friend who passed on 8 and half years a-go

He had Learning Disabilty's and I know for a fact he'd not mind me saying this as he had no hairs/graces and talked as he found - but he loved a find indeed, which came about through aprobable decade or decade and half working in a plastics recycling factory nad he found this rug near his house an old Ford Dealership had obviously dumped or a Manager bringing it to illegaly dump and it had a glorious old ford Logo adorning it

Indeed it needed tons of stain deil to restore it but it was a lovely find for his house and as a "Del Boy" (like me, but probably 10 times more) he would of talked of it forever and probably had it visions on including it in his funeral arrangements - if he knew (as he did) he was going to pass-on young, but not as young as what happened - but it made him gloryously happy a nd so does it me for him. Loud and proud and 70s/80s brash he sure and happily was indeed with such finds and colours and logos and with no inhabitions neither

80sChav

Comment

On a sub/similar related note - I always recall (as I think I have said before) from only fools Del Boy's Tie when Rodney and Co and Del thought the Cop was a ploy as a Kissagram in relatio to Uncle Albert's prank and his tie had no logos, but I am sure it looked like a play on words for the old northumberland bus company - it was nice at the time but rancid by 1997 I'd say, like Pastral Colour ones became in time/due-course too

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                  X