RIP Keith Baron (of Duty Free Fame)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Keith Baron (of Duty Free Fame)

Upon looking on the BBC Keith Barron of the 80s Comedy Duty Free has sadly passed away aged 83 years old

I have no doubts in my mind Duty Free was one of the best under-rated Comedy's of it's era - that had minamal in-appropriate launguage, as well as being very under-rated in it's own rigght. Comedy's/Drama's/Soap's set in Spain/on the Contient like Benidorm, Sunburn and Elderado owe Duty Free quite a lot as a Pioneer of it's era I think.

As a result of being such a Duty free fan I am so so glad I own both complete Series' of Duty Free that I paid a Pittance for in a Run-down Chariy Shop about 15 years back - though I am unsure if one fully works due to Molde - but 1000% I can say neither will ever be parted with, as they are so hard to come across I have found

RIP Keith baron

Re: RIP Keith Baron (of Duty Free Fame)

Sad to hear when i heard he had died i could picture his face but not his real name.
    Sunburn is not one i remember

GOING BY THAT LIST OF SHOWS MOST WHERE HOLIDAY TYPE SHOWS OR FOREIGN SHOWS LIKE ELDORADO.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

That is so sad. He turned up in so many series in the 70s and 80s, though I agree that Duty Free was the role for which he will be best remembered. RIP Keith Baron

Comment

Also check him out in Haggard in which he plays hard-up Squire Amos Haggard.

Comment

r.i.p keith.

Comment

Sad news I didn't get to see Duty Free but he was often on daytime celebrity word game Gibberish, & appeared in Doctor Who.

IIRC Sunburn starred Michelle Collins after she stopped being in Eastenders.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Rip Keith Baron He Also Appeared In Coronation Street Afew Years Ago To.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

He was never really a big star as such - I know that he did a few voiceovers in 1970s and 1980s adverts and PIFs - his voice was unmistakable.

Didn't he also do Stepping Stones - the YTV children's programme? I was the age for Get Up & Go! so therefore I was a bit young to remember it.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X