• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Cassidy

passed away aged 67.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42076323

Re: David Cassidy

Back in the 70's my then girlfriend just loved David Cassidy; her bedroom wall plastered in posters & she had most of his records; if not all of them
    Last edited by Twocky61; 22-11-2017, 10:11. Reason: Spelling Correction
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I have been reading a lot recently in the newspapers that David was really ill, but I never thought that David would pass away so quickly

It is quite a shock to learn of David's passing this Morning

RIP David Cassidy

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        Back in the 70's my then girlfriend just loved David Cassidy; her bedroom wall plastered in posters & she had most of his records; if not all of them

My cousin also loved him. Her bedroom was plastered with posters. There will probably be many ladies who will shed a teenage tear over this. R.I.P.
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Never knew he was sick.
          R i p david..
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yeah,sad about David.I must admit i quite liked his music.
            Did any of you nice ladies here ever write him a letter?
            I guess i shouldn't really speak ill of the dead but it's nothing he didn't say himself.
            I read his book and he said that he used to burn all the letters he received.
            To be fair, he must have been receiving 10s of thousands,perhaps even hundreds of thousands of letters every week and there's no way he could have answered or even read them all
            but it would not have hurt him to perhaps have answered one letter per week to make his fans happy.

Comment

I heard that he was unwell last weekend, so it wasn't "out of the blue" as such.

You tend to think of people like him as being forever in their 20s in people's minds, and you don't really think of what they look like now. Sad news.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                I heard that he was unwell last weekend, so it wasn't "out of the blue" as such.

You tend to think of people like him as being forever in their 20s in people's minds, and you don't really think of what they look like now. Sad news.

I knew he had dementia months ago and we all knew about his drinking problem.Last time i saw him on tv (Dr Phil) he looked pretty awful but i didn't expect him to die

Comment

I remember reading a few years ago he had gone off the rails once he stopped being a heart throb, but had managed to sort his life out, but it had damaged his health.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

That's right.I think his dad had a drinking problem as well,didn't he?

Comment

Never a huge fan but I started to reappraise him later. I did buy a record of his, actually - not one of his most famous...

Attached Files
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                        My cousin also loved him. Her bedroom was plastered with posters. There will probably be many ladies who will shed a teenage tear over this. R.I.P.
                        The girls seemed split on him OR Donny Osmond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                          I think it's more like to be the artiste who would split then their fans.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                            Now it's Daniel O'Donnell & Charlie Lansborough; though mostly for women post menopause lol
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                              Now it's Daniel O'Donnell & Charlie Lansborough; though mostly for women post menopause lol
                              My late mother was into Daniel O'Donnell and she was in her early 50s! She was into Cliff Richard as well a bit.

I remember seeing if I could get his autograph for my mother, and I accidentally emailed someone who had the same name as him in the United States! They knew who I was referring to though.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                              X