Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obsolescent cutlery

Default Re: Obsolescent cutlery

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Now we have 'Sporks'. Mostly offered to people in police custody suites
    Surely they can break part of the end off sharpen it and it can still be used as a weapon..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stainless steel pickle forks are difficult to find. Most pickle forks on eBay are silver, so I suspect that production of them almost ceased in the mid 20th century. Why?

I can understand production ceasing of oddities like aspic spoons because few people eat aspic this side of ww2 or bread forks as they are really frivolous gimmicks more than anything else, but people still extract pickles from jars.

I have bought myself a sardine fork. It's made in Sheffield and silver plated so they definitely were used in Britain at one time. It's interesting although I'm not sure if it's used to extract sardines from a tin and serve them or if you are supposed to eat sardines with it.

That pic Zincubus I Googled images. Yes you're correct. B&B at your local cop shop they are plastic

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.