Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brit Sitcom Game.

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Said you knew her. I do not know about Royle Family as never watched it. The other show was set in a retirement home.
    Well, I know the answer, but only because I spotted it when looking on Wikipedia. Since no one else has guessed yet, I'll say: "Waiting For God".

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
      Well, I know the answer, but only because I spotted it when looking on Wikipedia. Since no one else has guessed yet, I'll say: "Waiting For God".
      Correct. Your turn.

Comment

Remember this?

Attached Files

Comment

Remember this?

One I have not seen Clare.

Comment

No takers clare. Can I have a clue please.

Comment

It was an ITV sitcom set in a hospital, and it ran from 1989 to 1995.

Comment

I did something I rarely do and researched in the spirit of a flowing game.

Surgical Spirit? Is it very funny? Our member Nuggy should like this. Last hospital based sitcom I saw was Doctor at Large.

Comment

Well done, Donald! I only saw the first series or so, but it was quite funny, as I recall.

Your go!

Comment

I did something I rarely do and researched in the spirit of a flowing game.

Surgical Spirit? Is it very funny? Our member Nuggy should like this. Last hospital based sitcom I saw was Doctor at Large.
                    I've watched it a few times Donny, obviously working in a hospital is nothing like the programme. I never research either, would rather pass and let someone else answer

Comment

Name the actor (easy) and his 80s sitcom (not so easy)

Comment

Well, that must be Peter Bowles. As for the show, I can think of a couple, and I'm sure there must be a third somewhere at the back of my mind...

Comment

The comedy I am using here is in my view funnier than any of his previous better know ones. Sadly it only ran for two seasons. hint the Minder's George Cole was also in it.

Comment

The comedy I am using here is in my view funnier than any of his previous better know ones. Sadly it only ran for two seasons. hint the Minder's George Cole was also in it.
                            So, it's not "To the Manor Born" or "The Irish RM". Was there something called "Chancer"?

Comment

So, it's not "To the Manor Born" or "The Irish RM". Was there something called "Chancer"?
                              I have not heard of Chancer. Bowles played a sleesy con man.

Comment

I have not heard of Chancer.
                                Turns out it had nothing to do with him anyway! I'll try to rack my brain before resorting to IMDb.

Comment

Working...
                                X