Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Best Horror film.

Default Re: Your Best Horror film.

Always liked Night of the Demon/Curse of the Demon, from about the same era as The Innocents. Not a horrifying horror film, if you catch my drift, but it has an eerie quality that appeals to me. The paper mache puppet 'Demon' that makes a brief appearance is an absolute joke but the plot, acting and sets are excellent. I first saw it as a kid ~1980 and several times since - will be on channel 81 (again) this summer.

Todays "horror" films are really just gore fests, such a shame as i enjoyed the horror genre so much years ago but not anymore, agree The Exorcist is the best of all time, superb horror, the sequels come nowhere near the original. The controversy before the film opened in the U.K. just added to the build up.

Quote Originally Posted by angliaknight View Post
    Todays "horror" films are really just gore fests, such a shame as i enjoyed the horror genre so much years ago but not anymore, agree The Exorcist is the best of all time, superb horror, the sequels come nowhere near the original. The controversy before the film opened in the U.K. just added to the build up.
    More recent horrors i enjoyed were Mama, The woman in black, Drag me to hell, Insiduous.

Probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Birds - though a few good ones have been made in more recent times like 27 Days of Night (or based rather on the Twighlight Hour in Alaska) when everything closes and down and most people de-camp South (I think this film was around 2006-07)!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    Probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Birds - though a few good ones have been made in more recent times like 27 Days of Night (or based rather on the Twighlight Hour in Alaska) when everything closes and down and most people de-camp South (I think this film was around 2006-07)!

80sChav
    Yeah forgot about that one..great film, oh and 28 weeks later with Robert carlisle, much better than 28 days later

The Wicker Man, the original with Edward Woodward always spooked me.

Quote Originally Posted by tex View Post
    More recent horrors i enjoyed were Mama, The woman in black, Drag me to hell, Insiduous.
    Woman In Black takes some beating. Tho perhaps the original tv movie with Adrian Rawlins in the Daniel Ratcliffe role does beat it. Tex you can pm me .