Black & white film on Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black & white film on Television

Some years ago I watched a black and white film. From memory it was about a family living in a large house - the father looses his job working in a bank. I seem to think it was something ??? Street. It was a nice film for the christmas period.

Can anyone help me with this.

cupcake1

Re: Black & white film on Television

Originally posted by cupcake1 View Post
    Some years ago I watched a black and white film. From memory it was about a family living in a large house - the father looses his job working in a bank. I seem to think it was something ??? Street. It was a nice film for the christmas period.

Can anyone help me with this.

cupcake1
    Could be It's a Wonderful Life?
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

A brilliant B&W film was Grapes of Wrath
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

The only Christmasy film with 'Street' in its title that I can come up with is 'Miracle on 34th Street'. The 1947 version is B+W, but the plot description you give doesn't really match it.

Comment

Yes, I thought of that one too and realised it doesn't match the one I am thinking about.

Comment

No, I have it's a Wonderful life on DVD. It's my all time favourite film and brings back fond memories of Christmas.

Comment

Coronation Street? Only joking.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember watching Tiger Bay when i was off school with a virus, it's black & white, starring John Mills and his daughter Hayley, i thoroughly enjoyed it. I have it on dvd now.

Comment

Working...
                X