BFI: Public Information Films Available Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFI: Public Information Films Available Online

New from the BFI, these are some of the best remembered PIFs from the 40s-90s, but this time in much better quality that you can find on TVARK/elsewhere. Some bring back the feeling for me of life in 70s Britain - that vaguefeeling of threat and suspicion about the world we grew up in.

http://player.bfi.org.uk/collections...rmation-films/

Re: BFI: Public Information Films Available Online

Thanks for posting those links Fairy Wendy
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

PIFs have great nostalgic value. Re-watching them brings back such wonderful memories of growing up in the 70s, and it really seems like no time at all since I watched them originally.

Comment

I remember getting the Charley Says and Charley Live video collections in early 1999 from a Peterborough-based company that sold pre-recorded videos. I remember reading Cult TV magazine just before it closed down and finding out about them, and I spent most Tuesday evenings watching a nostalgia fest on video at home. I even looked through WH Smith to see whether any old nostalgia videos of the same ilk were there as well.

One of my favourites was the PIF from 1972 that lasted two and a half minutes, and was still being shown on Saturday mornings in the mid 1980s after No 73 (in the Central region at least). It is the one with the young boy going "that's my mum, that's my sister" etc, and ends with his father almost running them over in his car.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
        X