Isla St. Clair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isla St. Clair

Hi, I'm a 54 year old Brummie female and wondered if there were any other female Isla St. Clair fans out there who would like to correspond with me? I've been a huge fan of Isla, as a TV personality and singer, since the late 70s. It would be lovely to discuss her with someone else. Really do hope to hear from a like-minded fan. Cheers!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Times Square

Re: Isla St. Clair

She always seemed to be like a co-presenter to Larry on the Generation Game and not an assistant like the other hostesses were.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Hi, George, I agree. That's what I loved more about Larry Grayson's Generation Game. Isla was a co-presenter and always involved in the games and fun, unlike previous hostesses who were just there to stand and be oggled at. She was much more intelligent and natural. She had opportunities to show her singing skills too. A real versatile gal. Miss those days. But, I love her singing and have many of her CDs, saw her at the Banbury Folk Festival last year. Still, she brings out that nostalgic feeling in me, especially when I watch the old Generation Games. Ye good ole days of variety TV.
      Oh, no problem with you being a man A frequent Frank Spencer quote, I recall, 'I'm a man!'!
      Cheers for your reply
      sigpic
      Times Square

Comment

Originally posted by Rollingstone88 View Post
        Oh, no problem with you being a man A frequent Frank Spencer quote, I recall, 'I'm a man!'!
        Cheers for your reply
        I had a recent PM from a member asking me whether I was male or female, and so that inspired my signature. I was trying to think of a good signature, and so I thought that it was ironic to put that on there!
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Totally fancied her Rollingstone
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Who wouldn't?
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            Times Square

Comment

I used to get Isla mixed up with Sally James because they were both female co-presenters on Saturday morning children's ITV programmes. Never got them mixed up with Sandi Toksvig however...
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

There's a connection there ... Isla appeared on Call My Bluff when Sandi was the team captain in the 90s. Very difficult to get them mixed up! Sandi is so funny, though, love her. I remember Sally James, loved Tiswas. Oh, bring back those crazy Saturday morning kid's shows! I'd still watch them
                sigpic
                Times Square

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  She always seemed to be like a co-presenter to Larry on the Generation Game and not an assistant like the other hostesses were.
                  I seem to recall reading that's because Larry really had no idea about the business of presenting a game show, and the pilot was a bit of a shambles. Thus Isla was given much more of a presenting role, essentially to hold the whole thing together.

Comment

Yes, Isla has said that Larry got flustered a lot and forgot his lines, bless himI think she held the show together really well. It actually worked out well because with his camp personality and her bright personality, they made a great team and developed a lovely chemistry, affection for each other and had a similar sense of humour, comedy timing, considering the age gap. This made the Generation Game much better than Bruce and his 'bit of stuff', AntheaI can watch the Saturday Night Fever game over and over! You can see the fun they're having, like, 'Don't we look prats amidst this crazy chaos but isn't it fantastic?!', so much in their eye contact.
                    sigpic
                    Times Square

Comment

Doesn't look like my original question will be answered, alasI must be the only female Isla St Clair fan addict here
                      sigpic
                      Times Square

Comment

Originally posted by numpty View Post
                        I seem to recall reading that's because Larry really had no idea about the business of presenting a game show, and the pilot was a bit of a shambles. Thus Isla was given much more of a presenting role, essentially to hold the whole thing together.
                        Grayson also did Sweethearts, but I would hardly consider that as a huge success. I think that it was shown at different times in different regions.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                        X