No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

3 I did not like so not memorable. Frankensteins melt into each other.. so pass.

2 Patrick Traughton

4 Breaks his leg?

The rest I will have a think about.
    Last edited by Donald the Great; 03-04-2018, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      I think the pic is from The Vampire Lovers.

I think The Shout stayed in my mind as it was such an unusual opening for a horror film. I can't think of another film where cricket plays a part, though there may be some.

Look out for a quiz later on...
      Correct Vampire Lovers. Being a cricket tragic the opening of The Shout was not all that memorable for me. It certainly was a memorable film in other ways. Very original.

Comment

Two films made in 1966 that could be answer. The Reptile or The Witches.

Pass on rest

Comment

1. He was guillotined.

2. Correct, Patrick Troughton.

3. Van Helsing forces him into a bathroom where he is drenched with running water and exposed to sunlight.

4. Correct, he breaks his leg.

5. It was Dora Bryan.
          6. It was The Reptile.

Comment

THis quote: " "You are the messiah! The old flesh is dead - long live the new!" is from what film.

Numerology, family curses and pucker English accents make up this 50s oddity.

synopsis: The family Zorn - a happy tale of suicide, child abuse, mental instability, cannibalism, incest, ritual killing, dodgy psychiatric techniques, village idiocy. Just your average flick.

50s Hammer like blood-sucking tale with an American and some other dodgy actors and actresses playing gypsies..

If I have not stumped you here staffslad I give up. How was your weekend. I spent most of it glued to the box watching the Comm Games. Go the Aussies.

Comment

Hi Donald, thanks for the quiz and I'm on the case.

My weekend was quiet. Caught some of the Games, but mainly just highlights as live events are screened too late for me--I would probably just doze off.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                THis quote: " "You are the messiah! The old flesh is dead - long live the new!" is from what film.

Numerology, family curses and pucker English accents make up this 50s oddity.

synopsis: The family Zorn - a happy tale of suicide, child abuse, mental instability, cannibalism, incest, ritual killing, dodgy psychiatric techniques, village idiocy. Just your average flick.

50s Hammer like blood-sucking tale with an American and some other dodgy actors and actresses playing gypsies..

If I have not stumped you here staffslad I give up. How was your weekend. I spent most of it glued to the box watching the Comm Games. Go the Aussies.

1. I think that could be Darklands

2. Death is a Number--rarely screened nowadays.

3. Demons of the Mind. Another film that is overlooked and rarely gets a screening.

4. Hmmmmmm...does it star Barbara Shelley?

Comment

1. I think that could be Darklands

2. Death is a Number--rarely screened nowadays.

3. Demons of the Mind. Another film that is overlooked and rarely gets a screening.

4. Hmmmmmm...does it star Barbara Shelley?
                  Not telling. Do you garner answers purely from memory? Is so you must have an an credible memory bank.
                  How about a change of pace staffslad. Can you post screenshots. If so why not post two at a time. Have to name both film and main actors. Nothing too obsure tho. Ok with that?

Comment

Not telling. Do you garner answers purely from memory? Is so you must have an an credible memory bank.
                    How about a change of pace staffslad. Can you post screenshots. If so why not post two at a time. Have to name both film and main actors. Nothing too obsure tho. Ok with that?

I've gone through my memories of 50s horror films and the most likely I can come up with is Blood of the Vampire starring Sir Donald Wolfit, one of the last of the old school of actors, though I am not entirely confident in my answer.

BTW please see the PM I have sent you.

Comment

I've gone through my memories of 50s horror films and the most likely I can come up with is Blood of the Vampire starring Sir Donald Wolfit, one of the last of the old school of actors, though I am not entirely confident in my answer.

BTW please see the PM I have sent you.
                      Gotcha. Devils of Darkness. A poor mans Hammer.

Comment

Here are some from the 50s.

In Horror of Dracula what does Van helsing find when he arrives at Counts castle.

Frankenstein alienates who in the Curse.

synopsis: American professor John Holden arrives in London for a conference on parapsychology only to discover that the colleague he was supposed to meet was killed in a freak accident the day before.

Dr Callistratus is a character in which film.

Enjoy doing staffslad.

Comment

Gotcha. Devils of Darkness. A poor mans Hammer.

Of course...I'm kicking myself. For some reason I seem to confuse that one with Daughters of Darkness, a 60s vampire film, and a kind of precursor to The Vampire Lovers, though it was made in France, I think.

Comment

Here are some from the 50s.

In Horror of Dracula what does Van helsing find when he arrives at Counts castle.

Frankenstein alienates who in the Curse.

synopsis: American professor John Holden arrives in London for a conference on parapsychology only to discover that the colleague he was supposed to meet was killed in a freak accident the day before.

Dr Callistratus is a character in which film.

Enjoy doing staffslad.

1. I think he finds the body of Jonathan Harker, whom Dracula has vampirised. It is implied Van Helsing stakes him, though I think it is not actually shown.

2. Paule Krempe.

3. Night/Curse of the Demon, based on Casting the Runes by M.R. James.

4. Blood of the Vampire, and the not so good Doctor was played by Sir Donald Wolfit.

Comment

1. I think he finds the body of Jonathan Harker, whom Dracula has vampirised. It is implied Van Helsing stakes him, though I think it is not actually shown.

2. Paule Krempe.

3. Night/Curse of the Demon, based on Casting the Runes by M.R. James.

4. Blood of the Vampire, and the not so good Doctor was played by Sir Donald Wolfit.
                              100% as per usual staffslad. (you have a PM) Leave me one even tho I have not confirmed answers will you?

Comment

Can we stick with Brit films staffslad as I have not seen a whole lot of Yank horrors. Enjoying playing here with my new DYR friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X