No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Susan George. Fright yes. The Dr Who hint threw me. One of the best things Ian Bannen did in my view.

Ian Ogilvy?

Has to be Faye Dunaway.

Comment

Name the first Hammer film'

Who wrote the Quatermass books.

Name the third maker of Brit horror films.

Who founded the company and when.

What is this scene from.

Name two of the actors other than the obvious one.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
        Susan George. Fright yes. The Dr Who hint threw me. One of the best things Ian Bannen did in my view.

Ian Ogilvy?

Has to be Faye Dunaway.

Susan George and Ian Ogilvy, yes. Ogilvy played Simon Templar in the 70s show Return of the Saint.

Not Faye Dunaway. She was in Mommie Dearest, but I meant the subject of Mommie Dearest, Joan Crawford, whom she played. Joan played a scientist in Trog from 1970, probably a film she wasn't so proud of, and it doesn't turn up that much on TV anymore.

Comment

Name the first Hammer film'

Who wrote the Quatermass books.

Name the third maker of Brit horror films.

Who founded the company and when.

What is this scene from.

Name two of the actors other than the obvious one.

The first Hammer film was The Public Life of Henry the Ninth in 1935. The studio's first foray into colour, gothic horror was Curse of Frankenstein in 1957. The first film that really put them in the public gaze was probably The Quatermass Xperiment.

The Quatermass teleplays were written by Nigel Kneale.

I would class the third British horror film maker as being Tigon. It was founded by Tony Tenser in 1966. It's 3 best films were imo The Sorcerers, Witchfinder General and Blood on Satan's Claw, though, personally, I do not like WG that much.

I will get back to you on the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
            The first Hammer film was The Public Life of Henry the Ninth in 1935. The studio's first foray into colour, gothic horror was Curse of Frankenstein in 1957. The first film that really put them in the public gaze was probably The Quatermass Xperiment.

The Quatermass teleplays were written by Nigel Kneale.

I would class the third British horror film maker as being Tigon. It was founded by Tony Tenser in 1966. It's 3 best films were imo The Sorcerers, Witchfinder General and Blood on Satan's Claw, though, personally, I do not like WG that much.

I will get back to you on the pic.
            Spot on as usual staffslad.

Comment

Susan George and Ian Ogilvy, yes. Ogilvy played Simon Templar in the 70s show Return of the Saint.

Not Faye Dunaway. She was in Mommie Dearest, but I meant the subject of Mommie Dearest, Joan Crawford, whom she played. Joan played a scientist in Trog from 1970, probably a film she wasn't so proud of, and it doesn't turn up that much on TV anymore.
              Oh yes TROG.. any wonder I forgot about that masterpiece.sic sic

Comment

Leave a new quiz for me while I sleep friend.

Comment

Here are a few:

1. In Dracula, Prince of Darkness how did the Count meet his end?

2. Which crazy monk was played by Christopher Lee in a 1966 Hammer film?

3. What part did Peter Cushing play in From Beyond the Grave?

4. In the same film, a famous father and daughter played, appropriately enough, father and daughter in one story. Who were they?

5. Synopsis: A Cornish village is plagued by a mysterious sickness and a famous London doctor is called in to investigate. He finds that those who have died have been seen walking around near a local tin mine. What was the film?

6. Who wrote the novel upon which the Hammer film The Devil Rides Out was based?

7. In Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde, who played Sister Hyde and which real-life pair of body stealers were featured?

Comment

The pic you posted was from Torture Garden, showing Dr. Diabolo and Atropos, with Burgess Meredith and Clyttie Jessup. I suppose the obvious one would be either Burgess Meredith or Peter Cushing, so I shall go for Michael Ripper and Bernard Kay. Isn't this the one with the killer piano?

Comment

The pic you posted was from Torture Garden, showing Dr. Diabolo and Atropos, with Burgess Meredith and Clyttie Jessup. I suppose the obvious one would be either Burgess Meredith or Peter Cushing, so I shall go for Michael Ripper and Bernard Kay. Isn't this the one with the killer piano?
                      The one with the killer piano was that not with John Standing and ursula Howells.

Comment

Will have a think about 1 and 6.

2: Rasputin

3: The owner of the shop.

4: Donald and Angela Pleasence.

5: Plague Of the Zombies?

7: This lady. Martine Beswick.
                        Last edited by Donald the Great; 03-02-2018, 07:52.

Comment

The one with the killer piano was that not with John Standing and ursula Howells.

Sorry, I meant that Torture Garden had the story about the killer piano

Comment

Will have a think about 1 and 6.

2: Rasputin

3: The owner of the shop.

4: Donald and Angela Pleasence.

5: Plague Of the Zombies?

7: This lady. Martine Beswick.

Correct, Donald. Interestingly, Rasputin and Dracula, Prince of Darkness shared a number of cast members and were, I believe, paired on a double bill at their time of release.

Comment

1: Is that the one where he falls thru the ice and drowns?

6: Anton Levey wrote the Satanic Bible. Was it him?

Comment

1: Who was the chief satanist in Devil Rides Out.

2: Name the crime capers Hammer made in he 40s.

3: Name the female lead in the Hammer noir Man Bait.

4: Name a 1956 sci fi and its American male lead.

5: Name the actor and what segment he appeared in Tales From the Crypt.
                                Last edited by Donald the Great; 04-02-2018, 00:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X