No announcement yet.

A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Return To 70s Hammer/Amicus mayhem..

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    1. The Asphyx

2. Robert Stephens

3. The Black Torment--saw it at my gran's house at age 11 late one friday night.

4. Cat Girl--haven't seen this one in ages, and it is rarely screened for some reason. Definitely among the least known AIPs.

5. I will get back to you for this one.

Donald, that 38 deg C sounds so tempting. What is the temp there mid-summer?
    Asphyx yes.

I was thinking of Robert Powell?

How can you recall a film you last saw when you were 11..incredible.

Cat Girl yes.

Like I said earlier staffslad 38C is not tempting, inviting or enticing.. it is murder. Our average summer temp is between 28/34C.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
      Nugs/staffslad blame Vlad Putin for the Beast ..he sent it from Siberia to punish the UK for harboring that poisoned Russian spy. Believe me 38C is not inviting.. it is like being inside a furnace. You can stand it for no more than a few minutes. Hell I feel for the early Australians before air conditioning. What I would give for a snow fall this winter. We have our Alps but can not afford to indulge.
      We gotta blame someone! I usually like the winter but it's been a harsh one, i can't wait for spring to arrive, if you were here Donny you'd be so shocked at how cold it is, even now in my office i can feel a draught coming from somewhere.

Comment

I think the pic is from The Company of Wolves.

The Black Torment stuck in my mind because I started stopping with my gran after my granddad died to keep her company. I stayed friday nights and my cousin on saturday nights. She would fall asleep in her chair and I could stay up and watch the ATV late night horror film after News at Ten. The Black Torment was one of the first I got to see, but there were Hammers, Amicuses, AIPs and lots of others.

As Nuggy said, this Winter has been harsh compared with recent ones. That wind makes it feel so much colder as well. 38 deg C is flipping hot. I wouldn't mind having it for a few minutes to melt the snow quickly. I didn't mind Winter when I was younger, but I have found that as I get older I feel colder easier and it seeps through to my bones. It is sunny here now, about 3 deg C, but that wind is still there, not as strong, but there's definitely a wind chill.

I didn't know about Australia having snow on mountains. Is it popular to go there? I mean are there resorts where you can ski etc, and is the snow seasonal or is it there all the time?

If Vlad has sent the Beast, I think he needs to work on his guidance system as it doesn't seem very discrimatory.

Comment

We still have around 3" on the ground. Yes, that wind is flipping cold. That 38 deg C of Donald's sounds so inviting when you're perishing. Trouble is that this country's climate is usually very temperate, so we just don't have the infrastructure to cope with extremes nowadays, especially as winters have been mainly fairly mild recently. I wouldn't complain if I never saw another snowflake again. I hope the hounds have been set on the beast and have driven him away for good this time.
          Donny has a swimming pool on his land, he can take a dip to cool off. Hopefully the beast is dying out now, i had my fleece on and a jumper today and i was still cold.

Comment

I didn't know about Australia having snow on mountains. Is it popular to go there? I mean are there resorts where you can ski etc, and is the snow seasonal or is it there all the time? That 38C 42C (Penrith) was caused by a unseasonable hot inland airflow from the inland to the coast. Oh yes. We have several resorts on our Snowy Mountains.. Snow in winter only. People hike there in the warmer months. Pretty much everything for all tastes in this great land of ours.

If Vlad has sent the Beast, I think he needs to work on his guidance system as it doesn't seem very discrimatory.
            It hit a great deal of western Europe.. that was his plan to also punish NATO members. What a joke their political system. Any opposition to Vlad and they are banned from running. So he has a clear run to remain a dictator. Sorry to go all political. Yes staffslad of course it is Company of Wolves. You knew it all along didnt you. Where are your new ones or are you taking a break?
            Last edited by Donald the Great; 20-03-2018, 00:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
              Donny has a swimming pool on his land, he can take a dip to cool off. Hopefully the beast is dying out now, i had my fleece on and a jumper today and i was still cold.
              I fear Nugs that the dropped palm seeds have destroyed my pool water. So no cooling off this summer..perhaps next.

Comment

I didn't know about Australia having snow on mountains. Is it popular to go there? I mean are there resorts where you can ski etc, and is the snow seasonal or is it there all the time? That 38C 42C (Penrith) was caused by a unseasonable hot inland airflow from the inland to the coast. Oh yes. We have several resorts on our Snowy Mountains.. Snow in winter only. People hike there in the warmer months. Pretty much everything for all tastes in this great land of ours.

It hit a great deal of western Europe.. that was his plan to also punish NATO members. What a joke their political system. Any opposition to Vlad and they are banned from running. So he has a clear run to remain a dictator. Sorry to go all political. Yes staffslad of course it is Company of Wolves. You knew it all along didnt you. Where are your new ones or are you taking a break?

Of course, the Snowy Mountains, I've heard of them, but oddly didn't associate them with having snow for some reason.

Yes, Vlad is again elected...I think you could safely bet your house on that one happening. This year's World Cup is going to be very interesting......

I'm going to post some more later today, so look out for them.

Comment

I fear Nugs that the dropped palm seeds have destroyed my pool water. So no cooling off this summer..perhaps next.
                  I know you've been busy tryna get your pool ready for summer, hopefully next year it'll be sorted.

Comment

Here is the new quiz...

1. In the 80s, a Hammer starlet then in her 30s starred in a British slasher film that tried to make audiences think it was set in an abandoned US high school. Lots of British actors putting on dodgy American accents, and actors in their 30s pretending to be in their early 20s. Name film and Hammer starlet. Hints...title had to be changed post production as original choice was already taken by Paramount and referenced a specific day of the year. Starlet used to be featured in ads for Lamb's Navy Rum.

2. In Tales from the Crypt, which distinguished actor played the Crypt-Keeper.

3. In Dracula AD1972, how was Dracula killed in the pre-titles sequence?

4. In Hammer's The Mummy, Christopher Lee played the mummy, but what was the mummy's name?

5. In The Quatermass Conclusion (the one where Sir John Mills played Quatermass), what was the name of the hippy-style groups of young people who were drawn to various places such as Ringstone Round?

Good luck, Donald.

Comment

On first glance I do not fancy my chances staffslad.
                      I know one answer only off top of my head. Ralph Richardson at the Cryptkeeper in TFTC.
                      Disliked this trippy 70s Dracula version. If i recall Count and Van Helsing are fighting on a carriage. Blank as to his death tho.
                      Total blank on the Hammer starlet.
                      Ages since I saw The Mummy. wild guess Imhotep? Will have a think on others.

Comment

The Planet People are the hippies in Quatermass. Missed this question.

Comment

The Planet People are the hippies in Quatermass. Missed this question.

Spot on for Sir Ralph and the Planet People.

Hints...

Yes, Drac and the Cush were fighting atop a horse-drawn coach. Drac and the Cush fall off when the coach crashes and Drac's destruction has something to do with a wheel.

The original title for the 80s slasher was a day when pranks are traditionally played--not Halloween, and the starlet was Drac's first victim in Dracula AD1972.

The mummy's name was a single word beginning with K.

Comment

#4 - Kharis
                            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                              #4 - Kharis

Well done, Zabadak. Hammer used the same name for their mummy as Universal had done in the 4 Mummy B-pictures they made in the 1940s.

Comment

Well done, Zabadak. Hammer used the same name for their mummy as Universal had done in the 4 Mummy B-pictures they made in the 1940s.
                                Never saw the American mummy films. Memory coming back on Counts death. He is skewered by a wheel spoke. The delectable Stephanie Beacham is only female I know in AD72. So pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X